10

"Hey

"Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey."

Davina was startled to see an out of breath Harry standing in front of her, stopping Mary Jane and Davina's conversation midway to look at him.

"What happened, babe?" Davina asked now caressing his cheek to try to get him to calm down but he shook his head.

"My- uh- Mary Jane?"

Rolling her eyes, she said her goodbyes to Davina, leaving Harry and her alone where he tried to take a deep breath to try to calm down himself.

"Harry. You're scaring me now."

He shook his head though, swallowing the lump in his throat, looking up at Davina, "My dad. He's uh- he's back."

"What?" Davina asked now wide-eyed, making Harry nod quickly.

"Yeah. And that's not the worst part. The worst part is he- well the maid found your clothes in my room."

Davina frowned at that, Harry nodding again before continuing, "He wants to have dinner with you."

"Oh no," Davina mumbled, now finding herself repeating that to herself as she backed up.

"Now you see why I'm freaking out."

"Oh god! I never had to meet parents, not like this! Oh god! He's going to hate me!"

"He won't hate you. He's just- I'm sorry but I had to invite you to this thing. If I don't then he'll have my ass."

"And if I don't go..."

"He'll still have my ass." laughing a bit, Davina shook her head with a smile as she held his hand.

"Well, then it's settled. Looks like I'm going to dinner with the Osborns."

Harry sighed in relief, obviously content with her answer, the two starting to walk but the nerves suddenly reappeared to him.

"Just- please don't let my father scare you away. I care about you too much to lose you."

Smiling more at her boyfriend's sweet words, Davina gave him a kiss on the cheek, leaning her head on his shoulder as they continued walking, "Nothing can scare me away."

And so they spoke about what to expect that night.

Harry wanted to make sure she was absolutely prepared and for a while, she thought she was.

But when she arrived at his place that night all dressed up and promptly on time, she went to ring the doorbell when the door opened and out came Harry, she grew a little skeptical.

Laughing a bit, Davina shook her head, "I've never seen you so scared before, let alone of a person."

Scoffing, Harry shook his head, "Wait until you meet my father."