19

Harry spent the night at the Andersons as expected

Except he didn't sleep in the sleeping bag Davina's mother set up, he slept in her bed.

It wasn't like her family could come in and check anyway because Davina always kept her door locked, ever since she started dating Peter.

But now instead of heading to school together, Harry insisted on staying, not feeling up to school yet.

And as much as Davina wanted to drag him out of her bed, she knew she couldn't push him. He had to go to school on his own terms.

So, she left without another word, eating her breakfast quickly before leaving her apartment where Peter stood waiting outside.

Ever since their 'therapy sessions' they've come up with somewhat of a schedule, always meeting at the same time every morning.

Except this time- unlike all the other times, Peter wasn't waiting with a smile.

He stood there with a worried look on his face.

"What no Harry?"

Peter couldn't help but worry for his friend, this not being the first time he's skipped out on school.

But he thought now with him being with Davina, she'd at least convince him to come for the morning if anything.

"He refused to get out of bed. But in his defense, he looks like he hasn't slept in days."

Peter nodded now as the two walked to the elevator, "Did he say anything to you?"

Sighing, Davina now walked into the elevator as she turned to face Peter, "He said a lot actually. I was waiting to tell you- well today."

"Okay. Shoot." Peter spoke simply, not thinking much of what Harry might have said but Davina knew he'd be thinking otherwise in a matter of minutes.

"It's a lot," she warned but Peter only nodded, encouraging her to tell him as he waited patiently.

But for some reason, Davina didn't feel safe telling him, not until they were out of the building and a couple blocks away at least.

"Remember the spider that bit you?"

Feeling nervous now, Peter nodded, Davina taking a deep breath before continuing, "Well turns out Norman killed them all and took the venom out."

"Norman told me," Peter confessed, "When we were fighting- he felt all sorts of powerful but really that's why he turned into what he was then. He was a monster. The venom ruined him."

"Yeah well, it turns out Norman wasn't telling Harry about you in his last breath because instead, he was injecting Harry with that spider venom."

Peter immediately stopped walking, looking at Davina wide-eyed, almost as if he didn't believe her, which he didn't, "What?"