06

When a young Davina Anderson and Liz Allan declared they were best friends, the first thing Liz said was, 'I can't wait until we have weddings together!'

When the movie Bride Wars came out the two best friends declared that'd be them with the joint wedding but no fighting. Liz became Anne Hathaway's character and Davina was Kate Hudson.

And now when Davina sat in the bridal shop waiting for Liz to come out of the dressing room, Liz yelled, "I can't believe we're actually getting married together!"

Seeing an old lady walking by, giving her a disgusted look, Davina frowned, "Oh no, not together."

But suddenly she realized what that meant and shook her head, "And even if we were marrying each other that wouldn't be a problem. It's a free country and my best friend is smoking hot so screw you and your judgmental looks! Love is love!"

The old lady was quick to leave, Liz standing behind her oblivious best friend with a smirk on her face, "Damn Vina. Didn't know you were in love with me. Gotta say though you're too late. I'm kinda already in love with Flash."

Turning around laughing, Davina immediately stopped when she noticed how amazing Liz looked, "Oh my god! I'm going to cry."

Laughing herself, Liz went to step on the small stage set in front of the mirror, "Don't cry. You'll make me cry."

"I can't help it! I went from seeing you in overalls with your hair in a bun to seeing you in a wedding dress! I- this is just too much."

Giggling, Liz shook her head, "That'd be a great maid of honor speech. Make sure to include that in there."

Chuckling, Davina went over to Liz, fixing the back of her dress, "I still don't know how you and Flash expect me to be your maid of honor and best man at the same time."

"You'll figure it out. You always do... but if you don't then screw him. You were my best friend first I get the dibs."

"Jeez okay. You tell Flash that though. I don't want to experience his wrath."

Liz agreed now placing the veil on her head as she turned to face Davina once again, sighing happily, "This is it."

Davina could only smile brightly at her best friend, not knowing what to say without making herself cry or even Liz cry for that matter.

"Okay it's a good thing you're not saying anything because I don't want to cry. I have to look presentable for my meetings for the day."

Nodding, Davina took a deep breath as she went over to grab a cup of water, Liz once again admiring her dress in the mirror.

"I can't believe I actually found my dress- on the first go too."

"You know when you know." Davina said simply, going to stand with Liz once again who's smile widened.

"I can't wait for my wedding! I can't wait for yours!"

She gasped suddenly, an idea popping in her head as she got down again to go to the other rakes of dresses.

"Maybe we can find your dream dress somewhere here too!" Liz exclaimed, excited even more as she looked through the dresses in hopes to find the perfect one for her best friend.

But Davina smiled as she shook her head, grabbing her friend's hands to stop her, "My dream dress is at my brother's place Liz."

"Oh right." Liz said with a small blush, stopping completely as she turned to face her, "Your mom's dress."

The two went to sit down, that obviously being a moment for them as Liz smiled softly at her, "You gonna alter it?"

"Only small tweaks. Mom actually had bigger boobs than me so, yeah."

"Oh cmon. Your boobs are fine." Davina rolled her eyes playfully when one of the workers came over asking Liz if she was ready.

Liz agreed, sending her away quickly before she turned to Davina once again with that same smile, "So when you and Matt do get married, where are you going to live?"

Biting her lip, Davina didn't know what to answer. She knew one answer would upset her and the other would be closer to a lie.

In the end she decided not to lie, instead preparing herself for Liz's reaction.

"I don't know. Maybe Boston. We did met in Boston. I was technically born there, Matt was born there. He has a job there. It'd make sense, wouldn't it?"

Liz went to protest but then huffed, realizing how right she was.

"Aw man. I kind of miss you and Peter together now." Liz spoke with a pout, Davina laughing as she looked at her best friend.

"Why?"

"Cause if you and Peter ever got married it would be a given that you two would stay in New York."

Rolling her eyes at Liz, Davina nudged her playfully as she stood up, "I'm going to ignore that comment."

"Fine." Liz huffed, "But hey, seriously, as much as I don't want the possibility of you leaving to come sooner, I was thinking... you should totally have your wedding close to mine."

"Wait what?" Davina asked now turning to Liz who nodded with a bright smile as she stood up too.

"Bride Wars was always going to be us. We made a pact."

"Maybe without the wars though?" Davina asked, biting her lip, Liz nodding.

"Of course. Since there's no way to have two weddings on the same day- I already checked. I say we have them close to each other."

"Yeah. That sounds great. I'd have to talk to Matt first but- yeah! Okay. You go first though."

"Why?" Liz joked, "Scared you'll get cold feet?"

Laughing as she released her hands, Davina shook her head, "No. I just want to see my best friends get married first. To confirm that love is real so by the time my wedding day arrives..."

"You'll be ready." Liz finished with a smile, Davina nodding as Liz sighed happily, "Okay well I'm going to go change then we can go to the venue to set everything up."

With that Liz left the brunette alone who was smiling to herself.

At the end of the day the only relationship that ever mattered was theirs, the one between Liz and Davina.

And now that the two were getting married to 'the men of their dreams' it had come full circle.

*** I'm not gonna lie, I keep forgetting to update this story. I've just been working on a Barry Allen fic (surprise???) so I've been spending my time on wattpad on that story. I feel like I've been working on that for so long that I want to get it finish and posted ASAP. With school ending too though, I'm hoping I'll remember more and post more frequently (when I'm not at work). Hope you guys like this part! Xx