19

"I can't believe you gave him another chance," Flash grumbled from the same spot he sat at for Peter and Davina's first failed date

Today would be take number two except this time Liz was definitely less enthusiastic, only making herself seem interested to support her best friend but Flash would do no such thing.

"Oh calm down. I'm not even trying that hard for this date. I told him to pick me up here at 6 o'clock sharp or that's it. I'm not going on the date."

"Think he'll make it?" Liz asked now biting her lip, Davina shrugging as she fixed her hair in the mirror.

"He better. Tony Stark isn't here anymore to save his ass so..."

"Still can't believe he knows the Tony Stark."

Liz nodded in agreement with her boyfriend, "Still can't believe you know the Tony Stark Vina."

Davina shrugged now, a smile on her face as she turned to face her friends, her handbag now in hand as she looked down at her cell.

"It's the moment of truth. 5:59 pm."

Flash shook his head though, sitting up in bed, "He's not gonna-" he was cut off by the sound of Liz's doorbell ringing, a frown immediately appearing on Flash's face as he mumbled, "Make it."

Liz was the first to get up, going to her window where surely enough Peter Parker stood outside waiting all tidied up with flowers in his hand.

"Oh my god. Daisies."

Immediately joining her best friend by the window, Davina's eyes widened when she saw that Peter was, in fact, holding her favorite flowers in his hand.

"How did he know?" Davina mumbled, continuing to look down in awe, Liz even a little excited now but Flash wasn't amused whatsoever.

"If you didn't tell him then that's just creepy Vee."

Davina rolled her eyes though, giving her two friends kisses on the cheek before rushing downstairs to open the door for Peter who straightened up as soon as he saw her.

"You made it," Davina said with a smile, Peter chuckling as he nodded, holding the flowers out for her.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

Peter even went as far as leaving his cell phone back at his place, telling his friends he'd be off duty for the night and to just let the police handle the crimes.

Before Davina could grab the flowers, Liz reached from behind her, taking it from Peter and running off, Flash giving him a look, "I'm watching you, man."

Once they left, Davina was embarrassed of course but luckily Peter was a little more composed, holding his hand out for her to grab which she gladly did.

The two walked hand in hand down the street, Peter having a mischievous smile on his face, only making Davina more nervous then she already was.

"What do you have planned Peter Parker?"

Chuckling a bit, Peter shook his head, "Mr. Stark says to never tell. A surprise goes a long way for you."

Smiling softly, Davina shook her head, her grip tightening on his hand as they crossed the street.

"So is this you telling me Mr. Stark helped you plan this?"

Scratching the back of his neck with his free hand, Peter shrugged, "He didn't not help me plan this."

"Oh god," Davina said with a laugh as the two continued walking the rest of the way.

It didn't take long before they ended up at a cute little restaurant, one Davina heard opened recently and had actually been wanting to visit.

Before they went inside she thought it'd be a pretty busy night but to her surprise, it was completely empty.

"Peter Benjamin Parker," Davina spoke, amazed, Peter laughing as he shook his head.

"So I take it you like it?"

"Love it! Oh my god! This must've been so much work-"

"Mr. Parker. Your table is right this way."

The two followed the waitress to the only table in the center of it all, Davina still amazed by the scene around her.

Turns out Peter had it all planned, their courses and everything which turned out to be her favorite in the end.

"How did you know what I like Parker?"

Blushing a bit, Peter shrugged, "A good guess?"

But she gave him a look which made him sigh as he nodded now in defeat, "As creepy as it sounds, I've kept a tab on you my whole life. You and your interests have always been a priority for me."

Smiling more now, Davina nodded, "That's not creepy at all. It's actually pretty sweet Parker."

"If you say so," Peter mumbled, looking down all sorts of embarrassed that he had been caught.

Despite that little bump, or at least that's what Peter thought, the two still managed to have the best time on the date.

They had an amazing time throughout the entirety of the dinner, Peter making Davina laugh at everything and the two really getting to know everything there was about each other- minus the whole Spider-Man ordeal, of course.

He held her close at the end of it as they walked out of the restaurant along the streets of New York.

"So what else did Tony Stark suggest you do?"

"He may have told me to take you on a helicopter ride over New York City."

Eyes widening, Davina turned to look at him, "Are you kidding?"

But Peter shook his head now pointing up where surely enough a Stark industries helicopter sat on top of a building, Davina staring up at it in awe.

"Peter... we can't."

"Come on, don't tell me you're afraid of heights." he joked now looking at her, Davina rolling her eyes playfully as she dragged him towards the building.

"I was just trying to save your ass for making this the best first date ever, setting yourself up too high for the rest of the dates but whatever."

Gasping, Peter just followed along, the two of them making it up the stairs and into the waiting helicopter, the pilot giving them the instructions needed before they took off.

Turning to Peter, Davina smiled at him, "Thank you for this."

"Thank you for giving me another chance," Peter mumbled back, giving her hand a tight squeeze, her grip tightening as well as they sat there, looking at each other, holding hands.

And this time Peter listened to Tony's words, taking the chance when he had it.

He leaned in, kissing her which she was quick to respond to as she held him close.

And so Peter Parker and Davina Anderson had been on their first date... it may have been a redo but nonetheless it was the perfect first date in both of their opinions.

posted: November 5, 2016

edited: February 13, 2018