22

Peter hesitated for a while but he knew he couldn't wait long with what Harry told him, he had to tell Davina about it all and as soon as possible

So, he made plans to do just that, making sure she'd be alone with him just in case, he didn't want to have to explain it to anyone else other than her.

Davina was confused as to why he wanted to meet with her so urgently but she was still taking any reason to not spend an entire day with Liz.

She didn't think much of it at first until she managed to tell Liz who in turn could've sworn he would be making a move on her and she'd call off the wedding.

Davina swore that wouldn't be it but with every minute the time came closer when he'd arrived, she only got more nervous.

She almost wishes she told Matt to stay, just in case, but it was too late for that. The doorbell rang and Peter had made it much to Davina's dismay.

Out of all the times in their past where he canceled on her due to a Spider-Man emergency, why couldn't he be in one now?

But it wasn't like she could ask him that. She instead welcomed him with a smile, Peter offering an awkward smile back as he stepped into the house.

The two made their way to the dining room where Davina planned an entire lunch for them, Peter grateful for that, giving him more time before he had to tell her.

It gave them both time to stall, both for very different reasons but still nonetheless stalling.

But the two couldn't eat that lunch forever, awkwardness soon finding them as they sat at the dinner table.

The two got up, going into the living room where the awkwardness followed them.

"So um... sorry for being so blunt but- why did you want to come today?"

"Can't a friend visit a friend?" Peter joked, Davina giving him a look because she knew better and he knew that, feeling defeated.

How could he start with the news that would possibly ruin her life, especially so close to her wedding? Which was another thing he didn't want to speak about either.

"You know I love you right?" Peter whispered, Davina frowning as she looked at him.

She searched his eyes for any sort of sign but all she saw was love and for the first time in her life that worried her.

"Peter..."

But he shook his head, "Not that- I mean I always will, sure. But right now I mean it as a friend."

Getting even more confused, Davina slowly nodded, "Okay. Why are you telling me this?"

Peter looked at her, taking a deep breath before blurting out, "I saw Harry."

He decided to rip the band-aid off, not realizing just how much Davina wouldn't like that, the frown now permanent on her face.

"Why- why would you do that?"

Now hesitant once again, he shrugged, "He asked."

Laughing all of sudden, Davina shook her head, "So what he asks and you oblige? Since when do you listen to what Harry has to say?"

"Since what he has to say is important. Davina, please just listen to me. I need to get this off my chest."

Davina didn't want to listen to him, she didn't want to hear what he had to say but she knew she had to listen to Peter and what he needed to tell her- even if it was about Harry.

The desperate look on his face told her so. So, she sighed, nodding, "Fine. Go."

With that, Peter began, telling her every last bit he remembered so clearly from his day yesterday.

He watched as her mood faltered with every detail he told her about Harry's speculations about her brother.

By the time he was done, she was quick to shake her head, "No. He's lying."

But Peter shook his head now, "No. I don't think he is Davina."

"He is!" she yelled now, standing up in a defensive manner, "My brother is not- no! He's lying. That's what Harry does, he lies."

Peter remained silent, looking up at her as she wiped a tear that had escaped, shaking her head, "And I can't believe you'd really believe a word out of his murderous mouth."

"Davina," Peter mumbled but it was too late, she had enough.

"No, Peter! He killed my parents! And now he's trying to turn me against my brother- how could you do this to me, Peter?"

Standing up, Peter sighed now as he held her hands, "Hey, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, just, please. Please don't cry."

Davina huffed now as she hugged him, burying her head in his neck as he just held her, letting her cry until she managed to calm down which still wasn't good enough.

"I'm sorry." he mumbled, just holding her close, wanting more than anything for this to end.

If there's anything he hated- it was Davina crying. It was one of the worst feelings for him.

When she finally did pull away, she sniffed as she looked up at him, "Please don't ever talk about Harry again."

"Okay." Peter whispered, brushing her hair back with one hand and wiping her tears with the other as he looked down at her, "I promise."

Davina sighed, smiling softly as she looked up at Peter who couldn't seem to pull away, he could only just look at her.

Eventually, all good things come to an end though and Peter had to go but now with a different feeling in his mind.

He arrived home feeling bad, knowing what he had to do.

But now with what he's told Davina, he knew he had to tell the truth, no matter how much it would hurt a person he loved.

Mary Jane could tell something was up the second Peter arrived home, her sighing as she closed her laptop, putting it to the side.

"I'm sorry," Peter whispered as he looked at Mary Jane with regretful eyes, her shaking her head as she fought back tears.

"Did you- did you cheat?"

"No!" Peter quickly answered, going to sit next to her, "I swear to you I wouldn't... I just..."

He stopped now, not knowing what else to say which in the end didn't matter to Mary Jane because she knew exactly what he had to say.

"You love her."

"I always have, I always will."

She slowly nodded now, "So does this mean you're gonna stop the wedding?"

Peter thought about it before quickly nodding, "Yeah. Yeah. I am."

*** I'll be honest I completely forget I wrote this and didn't even intentionally plan this as a cliffhanger but I guess it is one now??? See you in 4 days for the next update! :)