23

Despite the bruise on her face, Davina thought of it as any other day in school

Sure, she was ready for the gossip to spread and for the backfire of her break-up to come about but she didn't care.

She was out of a toxic relationship and that's all that mattered... even if she did miss him a lot.

She still had to put on a brave face though, especially for Peter who had been worrying about her since last night.

He made it a point to stay by her side the entire night, even bringing in his sleeping bag into her room so he could stay with her through the night.

When her mom saw that bruise late that night, she was quick to pull her daughter to the side, asking what happened.

Davina, of course, lied to her mom and downplayed the situation and even if she knew her daughter was lying, she still accepted it, brushing her hair back as she smiled down at her.

"Just, let Peter take care of you yeah? You may have broken up but it's pretty obvious he still cares for you."

Davina slowly nodded now, confused a bit as to how her mother knew of the boy hiding in her room which her dad answered for her as he stepped into the room.

"Us parents know everything baby."

Smiling, Davina nodded at her parents who each gave her kisses on the forehead before leaving for a night session at Oscorp, leaving their daughter with Peter Parker.

With Connor at his girlfriend's house, Peter was the only other person in her apartment which quite literally made him her only source of distraction.

He kept her distracted all night up until she fell asleep. Whether it was playing board games or watching movies, he made sure she didn't think of Harry.

Davina appreciated it of course but now as they walked on the school grounds and had people's eyes on her, everything came flooding back.

Peter almost made her forget it all but oh man, was school a wake-up call for her.

And if those stares weren't enough, the ones she'd be getting from her friends would do the trick.

"What the hell happened?!" Liz asked in shock, pulling Davina away from Peter as she held her face, inspecting the bruise.

"Just a little fight." Davina said with a chuckle, shaking her head nervously, "No big deal."

Liz frowned though, shaking her head as she crossed her arms at her best friend, "Not no big deal! A very big deal! What. Happened?"