18

When Liz hadn't seen Davina in a week, she knew something was wrong

The final straw had been Davina canceling their lunch date, Liz immediately going to the Parker-Watson residence in hope for some reinforcements.

Liz knocked on the door eagerly, it not being long before the door opened and a very tired Peter stood there in his briefs.

"How are you still sleeping at this time Parker?"

Peter huffed, "I had a long night."

Liz cringed, Peter immediately realizing what that sounded like but at that point Liz didn't care anymore.

If only she knew what he was really doing. Every time he wanted to go home, a new crime came up.

Mary Jane was fully awake though, her weekend work now finished as she planned to go for a run, only stopping when she saw Liz walking in.

"Hey Mrs. Thompson. To what do I owe-"

"Something's wrong with Davina." the worried best friend interrupted.

Mary Jane looked at her wide eyed, Peter immediately waking up as he walked in, "What about Davina now?"

But Liz brushed him off, "This is a girl thing Parker. Davina needs her girls."

"Okay?" Mary Jane spoke now confused as she looked at her arms crossed, "What's that supposed to do with me?"

"Uh hello! Girl!"

"Yeah, a girl. Not Davina's girl."

"Whatever. Just come on."

With that Liz left without another word, Mary Jane sighing as she said her goodbyes to her boyfriend before following Liz out.

So the two walked to Davina's apartment, it being a new route than the Anderson's and definitely in a nicer neighborhood.

"Man. A doctor in training and businessman living the good life." MJ mumbled as she inspected the big loft.

Liz thought nothing of it as she made her way to the front door, ringing the doorbell, waiting for a response.

Luckily for the girls it didn't take long before the door was opened and Matt stood there, sighing in relief when he saw them standing there.

"Oh thank god! I was hoping for one of you girls to show up- I can't get through to her."

Matt the them in, Liz going straight up the stairs, having remembered the last time she visited with Flash.

And Davina was exactly where she had been these past few not finding it in herself to do much being all she could think about was her brother.

She had tried on multiple occasions to speak to Connor but he still refused, even going as far as not going to work.

When the girls walked in, Davina was quick to fake a smile though, not that it helped being neither believed it.

She sighed as she sat up in bed, "Did Matty send for you?"

Liz shook her head, a small smile on her face as she went to sit next to her, MJ taking the other side when Matt walked in.

"And on that note I am off to work. Bye baby. Good luck." The two shared a kiss, exchanging their 'I love yous' before Matt was off, leaving Davina with her friends.

"Okay, before either of you say anything, I am fine. I'm just in a little funk with all that's happening with Connor but-"

"Wait. What's happening with Connor?"

Sighing, Davina shook her head, "He's been acting really weird- like beyond weird. He's even shutting me out. Won't let me in."

"And if he won't let his best friend in..." Liz mumbled, Davina looking at her sadly as she nodded.

"Something's definitely wrong with him."

Liz didn't know what to say.

What was she supposed to say when Davina was probably right? Something was most definitely wrong with Connor if he wouldn't even speak to Davina about it.

They were more than just brother and sister. They were best friends, have been since they were kids no matter the age difference.

Sure he had other best friends but even Davina contacted his one best friend who had already been named godfather to his son but he didn't know a thing.

Tyler was just as out of the loop as Davina and everyone was which didn't make her feel any better at all.

Seeing that Liz didn't know what to say, MJ decided to speak up instead, "Maybe it's just the nerve of being a parent?"

Both Davina and Liz looked at her as she shrugged, "Parents go through this. And with his parents not being there and becoming a dad to two, it has to be really stressful."

"Stressful enough to block me out?"

Mary Jane shrugged with a sad smile, "People deal with stress in different ways."

Davina only looked at her, Liz deciding to step in, "Maybe she's right Vina? Maybe this is just Connor trying to deal with his problems on his own."

"But he doesn't have to!"

"Just like you didn't have to." Liz spoke dully, Davina looking at her in shock as she just shrugged.

"You Andersons have a thing for pushing people who care for you away. You did it and now it's Connor's turn. So give him the space you needed when you left."

Davina slowly nodded, not sure if she should listen to her friends or continue insisting on trying to get her brother to speak to her.

But she also knew she had to have faith in him, just like he did in her when she decided she wanted to leave all those years ago.

At least he wasn't going to leave to a completely different state right?

That was the bright side to the whole situation and she'd be able to pop in whenever she'd like.

She'd give him space, sure, but not enough to let him become a person she'd feared she wouldn't recognize.

So, she agreed with her best friend, Liz smiling proudly at her response before standing abruptly, "Time to get back into bridezilla mode!"

Mary Jane sat, watching as Liz went about her room looking like a crazy person- more than she did this morning.

"I thought she already had her bridezilla moment?" MJ questioned, looking at Davina who chuckled.

"Yes but she didn't have my bridezilla moment yet."

Mary Jane nodded understandingly as Liz finally made her way to the girls, handing Davina a book while having her own on her lap.

"Okay so you're getting married in a few weeks so we need to make sure everything is perfect..."