05

Davina felt numb the whole weekend following that

All she could think of, see, relive was her boyfriend kissing another girl.

She felt stupid for letting it affect her like this but she couldn't help it.

She loved Peter Parker with all her heart and she thought he felt the same.

But apparently, that wasn't the case.

Instead, he took her heart from her, stomped on it and ripped it, breaking it into a million pieces.

She felt empty.

And walking into school that Monday morning, she looked exactly how she felt.

She didn't know whether she should feel relieved or saddened that he hadn't tried to see her all weekend.

She would've known if he did being she was camped out in her bed the entire time.

But never was there a knock on her window or even a text from Peter.

It was like he forgot about her and in a sense he did.

Instead of spending his free time with his girlfriend like he usually did, he spent it texting Gwen Stacy, the smile never leaving his face even as he walked onto the school grounds to meet up with his best friends.

"Aw man, I know that smile," Ned chuckled, "You and Davina spent the whole weekend in her room?"

And just like that Peter's heart dropped.

Davina.

He couldn't believe he forgot about her. He felt like the worst boyfriend ever, the worst person ever.

He completely forgot about her.

He was on cloud nine over a kiss with a crush of his, completely forgetting about the girl he's loved since he was a kid, the girl who learned to love him despite all his flaws.

Peter left without another word, going inside the school frantically looking for Davina.

When he spotted her at her locker with her hair up and bags under her eyes as if she hadn't slept in days he knew it.

She knew.

He stood there frozen, just watching her as she rummaged through her locker.

It didn't take him long to realize the photo of them from their vacation had been taken down and instead he saw an arguably similar paper laid crumbled on the floor.

She definitely knew.

Davina sighed, closing her locker and turning, going to go to class but stopped once she saw him.