14

Davina thought she made the right call with Harry

Having him so happy that he was laughing, kissing her as he picked her up in his arms, she knew she made the right decision.

That was until she got home and for the first time, she remembered Peter.

How would she tell him?

First, she had to decide whether she wanted to go through the front door and risk talking to his aunt May- an awkward situation she had been avoiding, or go through the fire escape which shouldn't be hard considering Peter did that all the time.

The only difference? He had spider-like reflexes and powers which made it easier for him to jump over but it would definitely a lot harder for Davina.

She considered giving up but decided against it, knowing Harry needed her now more than ever.

So, she made the jump and found herself climbing into Peter's room, going straight to his bed, laying down out of breath.

She laid there for some time, thinking about what she'd say to Peter or how he'd react when finally Peter's voice was heard through the apartment.

"No! Don't worry aunt May! I've got my own laundry!"

Shutting the door behind him, Peter should have noticed Davina who laid still on his bed but his eyes were focused on his phone, throwing his bag to the side as he went over to his computer.

"I didn't think I was afraid of heights until today."

Jumping at the sudden voice, Peter turned in his chair, surprised to see Davina laying there, looking at him with a blank look on her face.

"Davina? What- wait aunt May didn't tell me you were here."

"That's cause she doesn't know Peter." Davina said as she sat up, pointing towards the window, "I came through there."

"What?!" Peter practically yelled now, standing up, "Are you crazy?! You could've gotten hurt!"

Rolling her eyes, Davina shook her head, "But I didn't. Sure I almost fell at one point but I caught myself."

Looking at her with wide eyes, Peter didn't know whether he should be happy that she was safe or mad that she had done something so stupid.

"Peter? Did you say something?"

Peter was quick to use his webbing to lock the door before his aunt May could come in, the rattling at the door now being heard.

"No aunt May! Just on the phone with Ned!"

Huffing, his aunt May accepted his answer, telling him about the dinner he'd get for the night before leaving the two alone.

Sitting at the edge of his bed, Peter now looked at Davina, "Is there a specific reason you're here?"

Davina nodded, nervously brushing her hair back as she spoke, "It's about Harry."