01

Dear Peter,

Dear Peter,

If you're reading this then that means Jo gave you this letter. I initially left it for Connor to give to you but then I realized he wouldn't do it so I asked Jo to do it for me.

If you tried calling me, I'm sorry but I disconnected that number. I want a fresh new start and unfortunately, that means leaving Davina Anderson's cell phone number since she was a kid behind.

I know if I would've asked you, you would've come with me.

I could have just given you time to process what happened and come to your senses but please understand I couldn't wait.

Not this time.

Because you were right. I needed to get over my little funk and the only way I'd be able to do that is if I was alone without you having the burden of holding me together.

I want to make my parents proud- make Gwen proud.

I may have not always been her biggest fan but trust me if I could go back and switch places with her, I would.

Then maybe I wouldn't feel so guilty all the time.

I know that probably sounds selfish as hell.

Not being able to wait for you.

Wanting to trade with Gwen so I won't feel guilty.

But I also want the best for you, Pete. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy.

And since that can't be possible with Gwen anymore maybe it could happen without Davina Anderson in your life.

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you all of this in person but I think if anything it'll just hurt more- for me at least.

You, Peter Parker, are the best thing to ever happen to me.

You were my first love, one I'll never forget.

Thank you for it all.

Especially for helping me through so much even when we weren't together.

I'm only sorry I can't be there for you when you're dealing with the heartbreak of losing Gwen.

I wish I could be there for you but I feel like I need to work on myself first before I'm able to do anything else.

If you're feeling guilty yourself know that this wasn't because of you.

If anything you helped see that I needed to change my ways, make my parents proud.

So this is probably the last time you'll hear from me and I hope you don't hate me too much because of this.

If I'm lucky enough to see you in the future, I hope you're happy.

I hope that smile I fell in love with has returned to your face and you're still doing what you love (while being safe) and being a hero not only to me but to the world.

Please know I will always love you, Peter Benjamin Parker.

Thank you for quite literally saving my life again and again.

Love,
Davina

And that's the letter Peter kept close to him for three years already, that being the last time he's heard from Davina Anderson.

***gotta love a time jump 🙈 can you believe i wrote this on September 09, 2016?! Some time has definitely passed....

posted: April 24, 2017

edited: April 13, 2018