10

The dinner went well

At least, that's what MJ thought when her and Peter were making their way home.

Despite Matt's rough start with the two, he managed to make up for it and he was actually a pretty great guy, especially for Davina.

MJ decided to tell that to Peter who in response scoffed without even realizing it, but MJ definitely did.

She was quick to question him on it, him simply saying he didn't like him for Davina which he didn't think was a problem until he saw the look on MJ's face.

She was furious. She had been insecure ever since they started dating about his past with the brunette yet all it took was for her to show up again and here she was feeling what she was feeling.

And having Peter say what he did and act like he's been acting, she couldn't help but feel like she actually did have something to worry about.

It wasn't all in her head like she'd hoped it was.

So she could no longer bite back her insecurities, she had to say something to Peter. She just hoped he listened.

And while she brought that up to him, Davina sat at Matt's desk waiting for him to return from a meeting.

She too was happy about last nights events, loving that Matt was able to get along with the two, especially Peter.

And Matt had no complaints even after when they were in the safe proximities of their home.

In fact, if anything he had been happier since last night, wanting to do it again but Davina figured that'd be for another time.

When Matt finally did return, Davina was quick to stand, ready to greet her fiancé with a kiss.

When they pulled away, he placed her on his lap as he typed away on his computer, "Did you speak to Peter and Mary Jane?"

"Not yet, no. Funnily enough neither of them texted me. Think somethings up?"

"Not at all. It was probably just awkward for them considering you are Peter's ex."

Hearing that, Davina froze, turning to Matt who was smirking as he typed away.

"You know?"

"Of course I know. I'm not a total idiot Davina."

Sighing, Davina shook her head, "Right. Then I can explain. There-"