16

When Davina walked into school the next morning she didn't know what to expect but one thing was for sure, she wasn't ready at all

She was emotionally and physically drained which everyone was quick to notice, especially Peter Parker who stood by watching her go to her locker.

At first, he didn't know whether he should speak to her and Harry or not but seeing how upset she looked, he knew he had to.

"You look breathtaking." Peter joked now standing with Davina at her locker as she rolled her eyes.

"Ha ha. I didn't get much sleep last night worrying about Harry and him not texting or calling me back so I just... it's been a hectic morning."

With that Davina slipped her sweater off, stuffing it in her locker and turning to face Peter who went to speak but stopped when his eyes landed on her shirt.

Looking down, Davina frowned, "Please don't tell me you gained laser vision or something."

Peter chuckled now, shaking his head as he looked back up at the brunette, "No. It's just- that shirt. It's my shirt."

Feeling embarrassed, Davina nodded, "Right. I would've given it to you but it was in my hamper when we- and yeah I was in a rush today and I just grabbed whatever I could get my hands on."

Nodding, Peter smiled at Davina, "It's a special shirt."

"Oh! I could give it back to you if you want? I'll just change into my school jersey-"

"No. You keep it. Looks better on you anyway."

Feeling awkward now, Davina nodded as she chuckled nervously, "Thanks?"

Peter only nodded, not realizing how awkward he's made her feel and instead continued to look at the shirt, "It's just, that shirt means a lot to me."

Sighing, Davina turned away from her locker, her replacement shirt in hand, "Peter if you want it back-"

"No! I'm just saying I have a lot of fond memories of that shirt. It was the day Mr. Stark came over... the day you asked me out. I uh- I considered it my lucky shirt at one point."

Davina felt at loss for words, just looking at Peter not knowing what to say until he finally spoke up instead.

"But I get it if it's just a stupid old shirt to you."

Finally snapping out of it, Davina smiled as she shook her head, looking down at the t-shirt herself now, "It is not a stupid old shirt to me... it's... a cute pizza shirt."