03

"We're both engaged to rich hot guys!" Liz exclaimed with her arm around her best friend, their fiancés following

"Um. Babe? I'm not rich." Flash spoke nervously, following Liz cautiously with Matt at his side.

"Oh, you will be baby," Liz spoke simply to Flash before turning back to head to their table.

Her parents already pulled up two seats, making sure that space wasn't occupied but Liz already sat Davina next to her.

It was then Davina noticed Peter and her heart dropped.

She hadn't seen him in years and now at 21, he had definitely matured.

One major difference?

He wasn't alone. MJ sat at his side, holding his hand above the table to make it clear just what they were.

And as much as Davina wanted to dwell on that, she instead got pulled into greeting the others before finally landing back on the two.

"Peter... MJ. Nice to see you two have... worked things out?"

MJ nodded, smiling politely at the brunette, "Same for you. You did well."

Having her mention Matt, Davina was smiling again, an actual smile as she looked over at her fiancé.

"So wait. How long has this been a thing? The engaged part I mean?" Liz now questioned, still not believing it if she was being honest.

But it was real. Just like the ring that sat on her finger, as it had been for weeks.

"About 3 weeks ago actually. He took me on a little getaway and..."

"And I asked the most beautiful girl in the world to marry me." Matt finish, smiling at her as he brushed her hair back, Davina scrunching her nose at the action.

Peter remembered her doing that when they first started dating, it was his favorite thing about her. But now she was doing it with someone else.

"Man, that thing is huge. What'd you do? Rob the bank?"

Laughing, Matt shook his head, "Actually it's been in the family for years. Mom gave it to me when I first introduced Davina to them."

"I'm just that great with parents." Davina joked, earning laughs from everyone.

Ned now spoke up for the first time, obviously interested in the guy who had taken his best friend's ex-girlfriend.

"So how'd you two meet?"

"We actually met through my dad," Davina said with a smile now, turning to Matt, holding his hand as he smiled back.