26

The death of Davina Anderson was the worst pain Peter Parker ever felt

He thought he would've been used to it.

Having his uncle die in front of him because he failed to prevent a robber from leaving for his own selfish reasons.

Gwen dying because Peter couldn't catch her, he couldn't save her from Harry.

He thought he had seen it all.

But holding the love of his life in his arms as she struggled to take her last breath, that was a new pain he never thought he'd feel. A pain he hated.

A pain he never thought he'd have to feel, not in a million years, especially not today.

The day had started like any other nowadays, Peter meeting Davina at Tony's where she asked him about Harry and he gave her regretful news.

Harry still wasn't found, leaving everyone worried. Peter always assured her she would be okay, making sure to spend every day with her, watching over her.

Davina didn't think much about it though, figuring Harry just wanted to escape and not go back into his cell. She was only concerned because she wanted her parents' murderer back behind bars.

That wasn't the case for everyone else though, who insisted on Davina never being alone.

Her parents even made sure to set some time off to spend time with her, Christian even leaving work early to get to Tony's place on time.

When Davina finally got out of the lab with Tony, she was surprised to see her parents, Liz and even Flash standing there with Peter as they spoke.

"Oh dear god. You guys are taking this too far." Davina whined, throwing her gloves to the side as everyone stood up.

"The Davina protection squad can never be too careful."

"Yeah, especially when you're not even going home."

"Connor just wants to speak to me, no big deal."

But Peter still had his suspicions about Connor, being quick to share with the group who equally did not like what Davina was blindly going into.

They knew they couldn't stop her so they just decided to all come, having Steve and Wanda even come along.

They knew Davina wouldn't like it though so they had them stay back, just following them but making sure to stay in the dark.

Davina thought her family was being ridiculous, laughing about it on her way to her old neighborhood with the group.

They made their way into the building, Davina knocking on the door in hopes to see Jo open it but she didn't know what to expect honestly, not having spoken to her in weeks.

When the door did open and a smiling Connor stood there, Peter tensed up but Davina thought nothing of it and hugged her brother.

"Oh great, you brought a party. I was thinking we could go to the roof."