07

Later that night while Davina was sat at her desk working on her homework for the day, she felt a strange sense that she was being watched

And yet when she looked out the window to see if her suspicions were correct, there was nothing there.

She was planning on ignoring that feeling after being wrong so many times when she heard her parent's weekly argument start up.

Huffing, Davina closed her notebook and textbooks, getting up from her spot to open her window and step out into the fire escape.

She expected to be alone there but was surprised when she saw Peter sitting in his own fire escape, just a few feet away from hers.

Little did she know that Peter was the one who had been staring at her through her window, although he made it pretty believable for her to think otherwise.

"Peter... hey." She spoke awkwardly, sitting at the edge of her fire escape to get as close to Peter as possible.

She knew when he mumbled a quiet hey that something was up and she wasn't going into her room without finding out what it was first.

She decided to get the question out there instead of beating around the bush, "Did you get expelled?"

Chuckling a bit, Peter shook his head as he looked at her, "Suspended. Three days."

"Wow." Davina could only mumble, looking down once again at her shoes.

"Yeah. I tried to tell him I didn't initiate the fight but with only Harry being there to vouch for me, he didn't really believe me."

"What? What about MJ or Ned?"

"They managed to get it down from 6 to 3."

It was then she realized what he was trying to get at. 

Had she been there, Davina would've been able to help him out.

"Hey... listen, I'm sorry for walking away with Flash. You deserved some support and I should've been there."

Peter only nodded, biting back the question he'd desperately been wanting to ask her.

He wasn't that good at it biting back from asking it, being he blurt it out anyway, "Why are you friends with him anyway?"

Surprised at his sudden question, Davina just looked at him as he sighed, "It's just... he's a bully. Always has been, always will be. So why would you, a girl that couldn't hurt a fly, be friends with him?"