16

The big day had finally come

The big day had finally come. Elizabeth Allan and Eugene Thompson were finally getting married.

Liz had been planning her wedding for as long as she could remember with Flash right by her side.

But now that it was actually happening, she couldn't help but get nervous.

Sure she always spoke about marriage to Flash like it was nothing but it was definitely something.

It wasn't like she was having doubts, she definitely wasn't. She was just scared that something would go wrong and she didn't want that.

She wanted it to be perfect just like she had always imagined.

As maid of honor, Davina was trusted with that task at hand, told by Liz that if anything bad were to happen that day Davina would be disowned.

That's what had Davina so at edge the entire time she was at the church, making sure everything was in place.

Liz's parents watched in humor as the brunette practically ran around the place, checking everything and everyone.

By the time Flash made it to the top of the altar, Davina almost forgot it was time, rushing to the back where Liz was franticly waiting.

"Where the hell have you been?!"

"I was making sure everything was okay! What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?! I can't get married! I-"

"Okay, no. We're not doing this. You told me not to let you do this so I'm not going to let you do this. Got it?"

Taking deep breaths, Liz slowly nodded.

"You love him." Davina said simply, grabbing a hold of Liz's hands in reassurance.

"You have loved him ever since you first met him in elementary school for some reason. And you've kept that love since. You've known for years you wanted this."

"I've known for years." Liz mumbled, Davina nodding with a small smile.

"Years. This is the moment you've been waiting for. You're not second guessing this. You're just nervous. And the nerves will go away, trust me."

"Okay." Liz repeated, taking another deep breath, "Yeah. You're right. You're always right."

"Exactly so let's go get you married to the love of your life." Davina teased, Liz smiling brightly at her best friend, sticking her tongue out quickly before going to leave the room.