Hope

Helloooooo peeps! I hope the story is going fine! Thanks for reading by the way! Have fun! :)

*

He turned towards me and gave me a faint smile. I dipped my legs into the pool sitting just right beside him.

"She's still sleeping.." I pointed towards the living room.

"With Keanu.." My body was tingling with fan girling senses.

"George. Sandy is the strong type of woman. She wouldn't want you just like that. " I snapped my fingers.

" I'm listening." He looked at me seriously. I felt like a physiatrist.

"Do something about it. Go public make jokes or something. She went public on you. Saying that you were similar in all the disturbing ways. Why don't you play along?" I scratched my head and he wasn't looking at me. Which I was scared that I said something wrong. He smiled and hugged me. It happened all of a sudden which startled me. I patted him on the back until I heard someone cough.

Robert was looking straight at me. Oh shit this ain't gonna be good. Robert smiled at George which inside I'm pretty sure he's mentally killing him.

"I'll talk to you later George." I took my legs out of the pool and walked towards Robert.

"You call that talk?" Robert whispered into my ears.

"Ok Robert we weren't d--"

"Look Ellie I'm just kidding. I trust you. " He kissed me on the cheeks. I was so glad that he said he trusted me. We continued walking into the living room.

Sandy and Keanu was awake. Both rubbing their heads.

"It was some sort of dinner huh?" We all laughed.

"Where's George?" Sandy frowned.

"He was outside." Robert answered.

"Not anymore." George came in still with his boxers. Keanu just smiled and stood up like he was ready to leave.

"I'll be leaving guys. I have something going on later." Keanu picked up his keys.

" Yeah we'll see you soon." We all waved and sandy stood up to give him a hug.

"Let's have breakfast!" We all rushed into the kitchen making pancakes and bacons. While Louis stood by the door frame rubbing his tiny eyes. I walked over and picked him up. Sandy prepared a glass of milk. Both of the men are flipping pancakes. Finishing our breakfast I kissed sandy on cheeks and thanked her for everything. It was awesome. I never had this type of life before. This was like some sort of celeb life, having parties and dinner together.

"Next time it's on me sandy." Sandy gave Robert a thumbs up.

"You have to admit that was an awesome night." He nodded and was hesitating to say something.

"Ellie.. Why don't we adopt a kid like sandy?" I smiled looking at Robert. I never thought he would want kids that much and I can't even give him one.

I looked down on my hands.

"Hey.. Hey.. Ellie I know What you are thinking. This is not your fault okay? I just saw how happy you were with Louis." He took my hands in his while steering the wheel with his other hand.

"That's a good idea.." I squeezed his hands. Oh shit I'm suppose to check my phone. There was so many miss calls from luke. I'm totally dead. I quickly called back.

"Ellie.. I have bad news.. Colton is one of the suspect." When those words came out. It was like words are flying through my mind so fast i don't even know what I'm thinking anymore.

"What?!" I yelled which made Robert look at me.

"He's gonna be interrogated.. Cap morson told me we won't be interrogating him. Ok Ellie I gotta go. Come as soon as you can." The phone clicked and we were almost home.

" Turn the car Robert. We need to go precinct." We arrived the precinct twenty minutes later. It felt like an hour. I ran up to the precinct just right in time to see Colton being interrogated by cap morson. Robert caught up behind me huffing. He touched my shoulders pulling me into a hug.

"I'm gonna find who did this." Digging my head into Robert's coat. His scent always calmed me down.

"Ellie.. Find who did this. I'm sure it's not him but the evidence isn't helping him either." Captain morson left after those words. I look into the glass and saw Colton with his head buried in his hands.

"Where is Karen, luke?"

"She went back to her hometown for the weekend." Thank god for that. If she was here she would have freaked out on everyone.

"Show me the files." We walked into other office. The room was so messy with so many files on the table. Robert just kept quiet and took a seat. Looking through the files. The evidence had Colton's finger print on her purse and the bruises around her hands was filled with his finger prints. I shook my head looking at all the evidence they have. I took the file of Colton's interrogation. He said that night he went out for a drink. Nobody was with him. No witness no nothing. He bought the beer from a store. I need to get a CCTV recording from that store. I ran across the street it was almost dawn. It was so cold. Thank god the store was near. I ran back with the CCTV recording from that night in my hands. I went back into the office with Robert asleep from the chair. I felt really bad that he had to be with me all night. Putting my coat on him I continued with my work. Watching the recording and the time that he walked out. It's very hard for me to accept it but it's the perfect timing. I threw his file across the room resting my head on the table. I didn't notice that I blacked out. Someone was tapping on my shoulders which made my head shoot straight up. His brown eyes looked so worried at me.

"Robert you should go home and have some rest." I retied my messy hair in to a pony tail.

"Come with me. You look even more tired." I shook my head.

" i can't.. Just go home and have a rest." I kissed him on lips and saw him leave the precinct. Luke was helping me solve the case too. There was no lose ends. Who ever planned this murder and planted it on Colton was really good. There were random finger prints. Of course she was from the bar dancing with random people.

Well I guess I have to ask each of them.

Luke and I took turns interrogating the people who left the bar at the time she was murdered. It was already night and I was still looking at all of the files. We found out that she went there with a friend. Madeline Crowe said that she saw someone was keeping an eye on Greta all the time but couldn't visualize what he looked like. I slam my head on the window several times. I have no time to lose. I requested the bar recording from luke. He came flying in office. I guess we both don't have time to lose. I need to talk to Colton. I stood outside his cell. His blood shot eyes looking into mine.

"Ellie. I swear I didn't do it." He was so desperate. I touched his hands trying to comfort him. I have nothing that is positive for him.

"I'll find who did this.. I will my dear." He nodded and I left him some time to be alone while I have to continue work.

"Madeline. This is between life and death. Could you try and remember the person who kept an eye on Greta?" I had to make her remember. I have to.

She shook her head. I'm emotionally and physically dead. I called in the psychiatrist to help her remember with their manipulative tricks. I may need one after a few hours. I'm going insane. Mr Lee was our law enforcement psychiatrist. He's with Madeline now. I was having my twentieth coffee. I couldn't even see straight. My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Come to the fifteenth street in the abandoned factory or he's gonna die. Alone." The phone clicked. I checked my recent calls and it was from Robert.

That didn't sound like him at all.

I ran out driving Luke's car while tracking down Robert's phone signals. I found his car. It was left near the factory. There was so many containers. Possibilities was rushing through my mind so fast. The only thing I did was text luke and told him where I was. Walking to Robert's car. The door was left unlock. Looking at the blood splatter on the glass. It was still moist. It was too late when I noticed someone was behind me after I felt a jab on my waist and I was out.