Collateral damage

Hey guys!

*

Colton's P.O.V

"Where is she?" my head hung from my body, so exhausted and in pain I could barely lift my head. Someone kicked the chair I was tied on to, wanting me to respond.

"I.. I don't know!" I barely whispered.

"Do you want me to hurt your wife?" I struggled from my chair, the ties around my hands cutting deeper into my skin.

"I swear I'll kill you if you do." i could feel his demonic smile without looking. What a joke, threatening a man when I'm tied to a chair.

"Then tell me." he's not going to give up, so I'll buy El a little time.

"She-she's in Australia." i stammered, he sent his men to get her. my eyes watered trying to make it more convincing.

"Leon, if you're lying. the first person who's going to get hurt is your wife." Leon was my cover name, he must be lacking some information but if he can get to me. He'll get to her.

What have I done?

*

Ellie's P.O.V

"I can't wait to see her." I squealed, we were on our way back to home.

"Mom would miss her so much after we bring her back home." He kissed my forehead softly. The taxi pulled up in front of her porch. The house was dark, like no one was home.

"Downey, shouldn't the lights be on by now?" My stomach had a really bad feeling, I took his hand while he knocked on the door. I could hear the tv, we pounded on the door again until I told downey it was time to bring the door down.

"Elsie!" I rushed to her, she was laying on the ground, pale. Abby was sleeping soundly in her crib.

"Jesus christ." He dialed the hospital, i tried looking for a pulse. I felt a weak one, i took my coat off warming her.

"Come on elsie, don't give up on us." I said touching her cold cheeks, it felt like she fainted for the entire afternoon without wearing any sweater.

"I'll get her outside, go get Abby and bring her home." I nodded cuddling Abby in my arms, they soon arrived and got Elsie into the ambulance.

"Follow her, I'll be there as soon as I can. You can do this." I touched his hands, they were trembling, worried for his mother. He nodded and went with the ambulance. Stanley was already awaiting for our arrival, we unloaded our luggage from the cab and I gave Abby to his capable hands.

I ran as soon as I arrived the hospital, I saw him standing outside, with his hands in his pockets, chewing a gum. he was nervous, i ran towards him and hugged him. I could feel his tensed muscles relaxing under my touch.

"How is she?"

"Doctor is trying his best, ellie I should have brought her to a medical check up. I was a terrible son." he looked away, his eyes glossy.

"If you were a bad son, then I was a bad daughter in law. don't blame yourself so badly, she knows you love her." I kissed his cheeks, his arms slowly wrapped around my hips.

"Is Abby okay?" I chuckled a little.

"She slept through the day I guess." I could feel him tensed up again.

"We'll bring her in when she gets out of here okay?"

"To our home?" i nodded. " that would be great, she could be with Abria and us."

The doctor came out right in time, the last thing I wanted him to say was ' we've tried our best, my condolences downey.'

"She's currently in a coma, she'll heal. don't worry." thank god. we thanked him and downey sat beside her, holding her weak hands in his.

" You'll get through this, I'll be back tomorrow." he got up and whispered something in her ears, he kissed her forehead.

We took a cab back home, he was silent but his fingers was laced around mine the entire time.

"Stanley, go get some rest. I'll need your help tomorrow." I smiled at him and tuck Abby into bed. I got into our bedroom, he was sitting at the corner of the bed, looking at the beautiful view.

"Downey?" I sat beside him.

"It was so close." he closed his eyes, his lashes curled up perfectly. I led his face to mine.

"Look at me." he opened his vivid brown eyes and started into mine.

" don't try and regret it, learn from it. I know that you've loved her with all your heart, you can do it again." I kissed him softly on his lips.

"Tuck me into bed will you?" I smiled, hugging him to sleep. I made sure he slept, I wasn't sure if I should. because I can't stand another nightmare.

*