Stare

Hey peeps, have fun reading. not edited.

*

"Hey, dad." His eyes grew even bigger when he saw my baby bump and Robert's hand got a little slippery.

"Honey, this is dad. Dad, this is-- well you know who he is." I rolled my eyes smiling.

"It's a pleasure finally meeting you Mr Davis." Dad shook his hands and invited us in.

"Don't be so nervous, darling. He doesn't own a gun." I chuckled patting his hand.

"So how have you been?" He looked at me, his features are tired. Who am I kidding? He's a neurologist, a job that drained his energy everyday.

"I'm fine, Actually. Robert here, is going to tell you something." I smiled at him, he bit his lips looking at me. the look that said ' why are you doing this to me?'

"We're engaged and she's due in two months." Dad blinked but no words came out.

"You know what I'll go make tea and you both have some daddy time together." I stood up from the couch walking towards kitchen. The only thing that was different when I returned was the tea I brought, they kept quiet all the time I was gone.

"Ok rob, I need to have a talk with him. Could you give us a minute?" He nodded and walked extremely fast outside.

"So how are you?" I sipped my tea.

"Tired, Ellie. I'm tired. How's.. The pregnancy going?" He cleared his throat.

"It's going great. It's a girl." it was a very awkward moment, it's been ages since we've spoken to each other.

"When are you guys getting married?"

"After I give birth." a moment passed and I looked around the house. This place used to be warm, mom would bake pies with me on Sundays and dad would always be planting those beautiful red roses for mom. He would often lift me on his shoulders or even tickle me upside down. Now it just feels so cold, the absence of warmth is creeping me. The beautiful memories ruined.

"Why did you visit me?" I winced feeling hurt.

"Well, I'm getting married soon. I thought you should know since you've been so cold after mom's passing and the job that you hate me having." he looked away, not meeting my eyes. He didn't seem like he wanted to talk anymore.

"You know what I think it's a mistake for my visit today. I'm leaving, thank you for the tea and for being a nice companion." I clenched my jaw walking towards the door, I turned back once more before I left.

" The only reason I came was because of this little baby here, you've been missing half of my life. I thought you might want to experience hers but.. Never mind. Take care dad." I slammed the door shut looking at Robert sleeping in the car.

"Hey.." I stroked his cheeks, he woke up rubbing his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I was too tired and.. Are you okay?" I nodded laying back on the head rest.

"I'm just disappointed at how he reacted. I expected too much.. And.. never mind." I groaned rubbing my face with my palms. He started the car and drove to Starbucks.

" Come on, let's have some coffee and y we could talk about everything." he kissed my forehead, I gave him a faint smile.

*

"This is so cute." he said holding up a duck onesie with a hoodie.

"No this is!" I held up tiny little socks with ribbons.

"Get those!-- oh yeah and this onesie with the bear hoodie,frog hoodie-- just each of those." He demanded, the staff there was busy looking for what Robert wants.

"Honey, we've been picking waaaay too much stuff." He chuckled and leaned in for a kiss.

"I'll just.. grab a few more okay? You should sit down you've been standing way too long too." I shook my head and went along with him, the things we bought was just.. Let's just say it could last all season long. We unloaded the car with all the bags stacked up like crates when we got home. I took out a duffle bag and started packing a few necessity stuff for emergency.

*

"What happened to you?" His face and white shirt was in turquoise and pink color.

"Uh- nothing." I squinted my eyes curious what he's up to.

"So why did 'nothing' got you so dirty?" He whistled and laid on my thighs.

"I'm gonna have trouble cleaning the couch honey." I fiddled with his hair.

"Throw it. Just buy a new one." oh Tony Stark is back.

"What are you up to rob?" He perked his lips, his expression excited.

"You are not permitted to the room until I say so."I lifted my brows, I knew what he was up to.

"Okaaaaaay Mr Stark." He leaned in and kissed me tenderly on my cheeks then down to my lips. His tongue lavishing, his lashes brushing my face.

"Now that's my pepper." He pulled away, walking slowly back into the room.

"There's two things i cannot wait for after labour." he turned and looked at me.

"And what is that?" His hands on the door knob.

"Our lil' girl of course. and.. you, me in bed." I wiggled my brows rubbing my stomach, she's constantly moving in me. I guess we're not the only ones who are excited.

*

Hey guys, short update. Is this story okay? Guys you know that dinner time you have with the family members you dislike. Yep, I'm having a great time. THANK YOU FOR READDINGGG 😘😘