Abort mission

Halo.

*

*after a year *

"Deal went wrong!" I held an M16 while running with Colton on my left. We were in a deserted factory, I took cover behind old crates.

"I'll be on top." he nodded and I climbed onto the bars. Colton turned and mouthed, 'cops'. I can't shoot them but.. they'll shoot me. I shot them on the vest, I just need to get out of here.

*

Robert's P.O.V

"Abby, I'll be back soon." i stroked her cute hair, and stanley gave me a reassuring look. We moved back after six months of Ellie missing, I helped around the precinct with Ortiz's permission.

"We spotted a few drug dealers of Varshkin. We can bring them in and interrogate them." i havent felt this happy in months.

"Can I come?" He licked his lips and shook his head.

"Sorry."

"Nah its okay, I'll wait for your phone call." he took off with a bunch of cops, we are so getting them this time.

*

Ortiz's P.O.V

" Did Varshkin hire assassins? That guy on top is taking us out like a pro." Ray whispered.

"Matt, bring your team to chase the other guy. there's only two of them. I'll get the one on top." i aimed my gun at him, one shot, I can't kill him I need him for interrogation. I fired my gun and watch the blond dude fall from the ceiling.

"Gotcha." I ordered the nurse to drug him. We got into our rides and escorted the ambulance. I never got a good look at our criminal.

"The criminal's a women." someone gasped, good god she's a good shooter. We went in ready to interrogate her. I dialed Downey's number.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"Nice shot" I heard a familiar female voice.

"Downey, you're gonna wanna see this."

*
Ellie's P.O.V

"Sweet memories.. well except I was shooting criminals and now I'm shooting cops." I shrugged talking to myself. Before I wanted to take another shot, I felt a sharp pain on my left arm and fell from the ceiling.

I landed on my left arm too, so I'm pretty sure it's broken. Everything happened so quickly, the next thing I knew I was in the hospital with my arms wrapped up and cuffed.

I smiled when I saw Ortiz.

"Nice shot." he murmured something on the phone and hugged me.

"Fucking hell, where have you been?" I laid back comfortably.

"Running errands and being threatened." he took the cuffs off my wrist.

"That's why you shot them on their vests." I nodded.

" Can't shoot one of my own." he wanted to say something else but downey busted in. He dropped his phone when he saw me.

"Clear the room boys." they left us alone, we didn't speak but remained intense eye contact. He touched my pixie hair, then my brows then my nose.. finally his thumb stroked my lips.

I reached up and kissed him, we took it slow. His tears drenching his cheeks, our kiss was slow and passionate. We pulled away gasping for air, his forehead leaned on mine. I stroked his tears away and kissed his cheeks.

"I love you." his large hands embracing my face.

"Not more than I do." I kissed him again, missing his lips for almost a year. Hell, I missed my daughter's birthday for a year. I thought of the miscarriage I had, I looked away.. I can't tell him.. Not until this is done.

"What's wrong?" I bit my bottom lip.

"Colton is still with them.." he sat beside me, laying my head on his chest.

"You're not gonna go back. No. I'll cuff you with me if I have to." I chuckled.I was too tired to argue, I didn't want to go back either.

"But we'll have to help them." I pleaded with my puppy dog eyes. He breathed out heavily then nodded. I squeezed him with my arms. Ow. bad
Decision.

"Don't leave?" He chuckled laying his head on mine.

"You'll have to drag me out if you wanted me to." He kissed me again.

"I love your hair cut." he whispered. I laughed snuggling to him even more.

"Thanks I did it myself."

*

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! HAVE A BLAST! 😚