Back in the game

Hey guys! Not edited as always. Happy reading!

*

"This looks like a nice place to get married." I shook my head, looking at other destinations. There's so many places to choose, I don't want to rush any decisions now.

"Can we please have somewhere quiet. close friends and family members only." he kissed my forehead smiling.

"About that.. you've never really talk about your parents Ellie." my lips jerked to the side.

"They're just.. busy." I licked my lips.

"Don't lie to me Ellie, we need to tell em." his piercing brown eyes looked into mine, drowning my soul.

"My dad never wanted me to be.. a cop. When I did, he said he never wanted anything to do with me..." I pulled his face close to mine, our lips brushing. "It's only gonna be us and your family okay?" I kissed his lips chastely.

My phone was ringing, I ran over to the dining table to get it. Colton left so many voice messages, listening to his words my phone fell on the floor. my stomach flipped and I puked on the floor.

"El! Let's get you to a doctor!" his strong arms lifted me up, getting into the car and drove really fast.

"We must go to the precinct.. Ple-"

"NO, we're gonna go to the doc--"

" Robert, Luke's dead." My head sunk into the headrest, Colton's words repeating in my ears.

"El.. He's.. Gone.. He just left us.. I just can't believe he left.. He was found shot in the head by the housekeeper in Villa's motel.. I.. Could have just took him out for a beer and none of this would happen.. I need you please.. Luke needs us." My breath caught up with my heartbeat as tears fell from my eyes. The world was spinning around again.

"Ellie, listen to me.. if were gonna go to the precinct. You have to be strong, I know you can. I trust you." His words of comfort made me realize that if I don't calm down, he has no choice but to bring me to the clinic. I tried relaxing, breathing slowly, it helped.

When we arrived, I ran into the precinct. Colton was running his fingers on Luke's empty desk.

"Colton.. what happened?" His hugged me without saying anything. I rubbed his back slowly, he sat down on the chair looking miserable. His eyes would pop out anytime from being so tired and red.

"If it wasn't for me.. I could have been with him. I could have saved him. He left.. just like that. I need to find out who did this." Tears was rolling down his cheeks. Losing a partner isn't easy, it's who you're always with, basically just like a family without any genetic relations.

"Cap Morson assigned you back into this Case." Robert stood behind me, observing the situation. He gave a tiny squeeze on Colton's shoulder.

"I'm gonna go to clean myself up and get the files." He walked away into the man's room.

"Are you sure?" His eyes looking at mine. I knew he would get worried because of me. I wasn't just taking care of myself, I was carrying a baby.

Our baby.

"I think I can handle it. Luke was our partner, I'll find out who did this." he drew me closer and simply hugged me.

"I'm always here if you need help.." I smiled and kissed his cheek down to his lips.

"You are not leaving the precinct without me, wouldn't want history to repeat itself." I stroked his face with my thumbs.

"Great then, I'll just.. stick to you 24hours." we chuckled and Colton shared the files.

"CSU found prints, but it's a motel.. it could be anyone. It was a handgun with a silencer. explains why no one heard the gun shot." he sighed rubbing the back of his neck.

"video recordings?"

"Not functioning at the moment. The security guard said it was under maintenance. So.. we have nothing.." Robert tapped the table looking at both of us.

"I think.. and I might not be right, but i have a fishy feeling.. who was in charge of the CCTV maintenance? The manager, who's the manager again?" I was tongue tied, Colton and I, mouth hanging wide open with disbelief.

"Woah. When did you become an expert?" He smirked at us.

"Imagination , so are you gonna check on it or not?" Turning on the monitor, typing Ravash Cresto.

"He was in the Rikers for 10 years and went silent for a moment. Back in his job as a manager in Villa's hotel. he's suspected to be trafficking drugs and supplying call girls." Typing even more into the monitor, hoping for an answer from Colton.

Instead I got a question, "what was Luke doing there, Colton? I mean it is not a place we would be." he shrugged, clearly knowing something.

"Colton, I swear if you are hiding anything you're not helping Luke, we're not getting any justice for nobody." he breathed out, licking his lips.

"He was there to look for her lost sister, he's been looking for her.. for wayyyyy too long and he found out that she might be there.. he just.. left."

" Look for Ravash's location will you? Text me, then look for Luke's sister. Get any info you have. Robert, you're coming with me." Colton nodded and continued typing.

"I'll drive." I got into the driver's seat and drove onto the streets with him beside me.

"I like this side of you. Dominant, strong and damn you're hot." i smirked and continued driving to the location Colton sent me.

"Rob, this is called work. You do know that sometimes you're like this too and that is why we have the best sex." He reached over and kissed my cheek.

Arriving a tiny house with children running outside, I knocked on the door. A young woman answered the door, and invited us inside.

"Madam, do you know where's Ravash?" She shook her head angrily.

"He left us, he said he screwed up. He left us with nothing, what am I going to feed the children with?" She said through her gritted teeth.

"He is suspected of killing one my partners. Could you tell me where he would normally go?" She nodded and I texted it over to Colton.

"Thank you for helping. is there anything we could help with?" She smiled and turned around. Cigarette marks was all over her.

"Get him back into that cage."

"With pleasure."

*

Hey guys long chapter I see, thank you for reading. comment pleaseeee, have a great day.