Tell Me The Truth

Ive been keeping my last a secret for so long, I have to tell Maka at some point. But not yet. Again, I stay in my cold room, thinking about stuff. I take out that small box again and gaze on the two souls I've hiddenfor months now. I s me one knock on my door. I quickly slide it under my bed and go to the door, to see Maka in a white T-shirt and black tights. "Hey Maka, what's up?" I said, faking my smile. "Can..can we talk?" Maka seemed worried about something.

"Um...yeah, sure." I let her in and closed the door behind us. I sat on my bed, and I waited for Maka to speak. "Kanji....you've been cooped up in your room for so long. Its like, you don't to be with us anymore..." I sigh and told her that she needed to sit down. "Remember when I bursted out into tears in the middle of class?" She nods. "I....had a...a crazy dream about my folks. My....my biological parents. They just seemed so happy with me. But shortly, they sky was gray, my father and other men screamed like they were battle cries. I was in my mothers arms and she ran and ran and.....everything was cold. I felt hunger, cold, sadness all at the same time as I watched my mother place my in a box in a ware house. She abondoned my. I felt my throat become dry from all the scream I made while she left me.."

Maka holds my hand as a tear fell on top of hers. "I snuck into the DWMA on the weekends and searched for anlogicql explanation. My father was a Meister, but somehow became a kishin. My mother partnered with him, but stayed in the academy. Everything went downhill so quickly and....." I take the box out from under my bed and let the two souls hover around. "They saved their souls. But...I don't know why....I wanted to tell you but, I didn't know how you'd react. I thought that once you saw the souls, you would....think I'm still a monster...like how I was." Another tear falls out, but I quickly hold myself together.

Maka wraps her arms around me and holds me tightly. "You can tell me anything, okay? No matter what, I'll never think less of you." I smiled a little and hugged her back.

"You're really the best thing that has ever happened to me...."

I'm so sorry for the lack of update. I've really been caught up in my school work and everything, and for those who stayed with the story, I owe you a huge thanks and everything. In due time, I won't be able to update as often, like now, because I'll be going to therapy soon. So, I really wanted to say a big thanks and I WILL, I SWAER I WILL update as soon as I can everyday. No breaks or anything, because you guys really deserve it. I lobe you all, that k you so much, and again-!

Death, out!