01

5 years prior

It was the familiar footsteps that lead Elijah to believe he had a visitor. Lately, the Mikaelson family had been on edge, with the swift return of Tristan De Martel and the immediate threats to all of their lives. He had already claimed a few lives, warriors stripped away from them, leaving them weak, defenceless. Camille was amongst one.

That left Niklaus the most vulnerable. He was ready to pounce at any given minute and risk it all just for one act of sweet vengeance. But Elijah was the brains of this whole operation, he was the one that pulled Niklaus back from the brink of self-destruction when he had planned on attacking Tristan.

Little did any of them know, that in just a few short moments, they'd know Tristan's entire plan.

Elijah stood from his chair and went to investigate whoever had stumbled upon their home in such dark times.

He exited the room to find Rebekah walking alongside him, she matched the odd expression plastered on his face. With furrowed eyebrows and a few worry lines on their forehead, the brother/sister duo headed downstairs.

The mere sight of the man stood in the gateway brought back instant memories of better times. "Christopher?" He asked in a daze of confusion.

The man with neatly gelled black hair stood with his shoulder leaning against the archway. "My, my, Elijah. You haven't aged a day" he smiled.

Christopher wasn't just any old alliance. He was a brother to them, all of them. They were practically family. Elijah found him in the slums of London in the 1800's, forced to work at a young age due to his families social and wealth status. They were broke, and the only way they could afford food was to send the men of the family out to work whilst the women stay home and tend to their chores.

It was all fine until Christopher caught what was known to be the Black Plague at the time. Elijah was strolling down, searching for some food when he stumbled upon the boy in a back alley. He felt pity, for he was the same age as Elijah when he had turned, but this boy had obviously lived a harder life. Abandoned by his family due to ill health and fear of outbreak, this boy was completely alone. It didn't take much coaxing for Elijah to feed him his blood, return him to health and take him under his wing.

Eventually, after a while, the boy grew a bond with the rest of their family. They fought wars together, they fed together, they allowed him into their homes and Rebekah had even taken a shining to him. But when doesn't she leave a handsome man well enough alone? He fit well with them as if he was a missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle. Even Niklaus grew fond of the boy, like he did with Marcellus.

Everything was perfect, until Christopher had a taste to explore the rest of the world, a luxury that none of the Mikaelson's could afford as their one and only task was to run from their father. At that moment, they knew it was cruel to force him to stay, Elijah let him go, they all said their goodbyes and nobody ever saw him
again. There were times they thought him to be dead, times that he went off the rails and then times where they thought he had settled down.

"Forgive me if I don't seem as thrilled as you'd hoped, under certain circumstances, I cannot let my guard down for a second" Elijah explained his current disposition and why he had permanent marks on his forehead in just a few sentences. But Christopher chose to ignore the comment, for now, he had better matters worth tending to.

"And Rebekah, darling you look ravishing" he was still the same old Christopher, witty and unbelievably charming. Rebekah couldn't help but crack a smile. He bowed as he took her hand, gently kissing the back of it like a true old-fashioned gentleman. "It is lovely to see your beautiful face once more"

But this visit came with urgency, Elijah could taste it. As why would a man they haven't seen in two hundred years arrive on their doorsteps out of the blue. Also, Elijah had grown to know Christopher very well in the previous years they had spent together, he knew when Christopher was putting up a front, he knew when Christopher was worried, out of his mind, hysterical. It was just too easy to see, Elijah slightly shook his head as he tried to figure out what he needed from the Mikaelson's.

"Are you here on Tristan's business?" Elijah had to ask, he needed to ask, he needed to be certain that his old friend was not a new enemy.

"I'm not here on behalf of Tristan De Martel, if that is what you ask of me, Elijah" Christopher shook his head no, somewhat offended that Elijah even asked him that question "I am, however, here on business relating to Lord Tristan, but I am not on his team"

"What is it you seek?" Niklaus had been listening to the conversation and had planned the exact moment he'd make his grand entrance "but I assure you, I am not in the mood for doing someone else's bidding, I am not in the position to, at this particular moment"

"Hear me out, my dear friends, for I know what Tristan holds against you, I know what Tristan has procured that could lead to your spectacular ends" Christopher was a very persuasive man, he enjoyed enticing them, leading up to a big finale. He was much into the theatrics, a fitting match for the Mikaelson siblings.

"Spit it out then" Klaus interrupted Christopher's big build up, causing the room to fall into silence once more before Chris could collect his thoughts together.

"Such an impatient soul, Nik" he smirked

"You wound me" Klaus laughed in return, raising his eyebrows and motioning him to carry on with his little speech "let's skip to the good part"

"The key to your doom lies within the body of a twenty year old, human girl" he revealed "And her name is Willow"

When It's All over - RAIGN