81

Rebekah pushed herself back into her own world and left Elijah alone in his. Though she knew he was okay now, and he was watching, she still felt bad.

The lecture she gave him was enough to ware him off daggering himself. He did want to get out, he had to hold up his end of the bargain.

Rebekah knew what came next would really surprise her brother; what he saw walking through the door. It wasn't the Willow he knew; it was a vengeful, reckless girl.

"Where on earth have you been?" Rebekah waited for the footsteps to louden before she started her lecture. She knew it was Willow by the way she breathed, walked and the way her heart beat so similar to the rest, yet so unique.

"Out" Willow replied, like a moody teenager. She was tying her hair back when she came into Rebekah's line of vision. That's all she said. She had been out, what business was it of Rebekah's?

"Do you honestly know what time this is?" Rebekah asked "you've not been back in over twenty four hours, and we haven't heard a word from you. Do you want us to die of a heart attack?"

Willow looked back, confused as if she though Rebekah was speaking to someone behind her "I'm sorry, are you talking to me?" She asked, "oh yeah, I must have forgotten that whenever I walk through this door I'm not a woman in my mid-twenties anymore, I'm a child"

"I don't mind you staying out, you can take a trip to Idaho, I don't care" Rebekah walked up to Willow and used her thumb to wipe under Willow's eye "but if you've started this again, killing witches, then we are going to have a problem"

"Klaus told me I can do what I want when it comes to the witches, and the only rule I've made and am now enforcing is that no witches- apart from Freya are to be in the city lines. Not after what they did to Elijah, I'm not risking it" Willow retaliated.

"I promised Elijah that I'd take care of you, and none of my promises involve you going out and risking your life trying to murder witches" Rebekah knew Elijah was watching, she didn't know how he'd react to it though. "What happens if you die? What good is my promise? How do you think Elijah would react seeing you so reckless?"

"Well then, you shouldn't be making promises
You can't keep" Willow breathed "and Elijah won't ever see me this way. You know why? Rebekah? Because he's gone. Vanished, poof, dead. There is no other side, there is no heaven or hell, there isn't anything to hold onto because he's gone. And if the I can get the tiniest shred of happiness, the tiniest shred of closure and a few seconds of relief of this crushing pain inside of me through torturing these witches, then I'd sure as hell take it"

Rebekah felt incredibly guilty. She had the opportunity to speak to Elijah, to be near him. It stopped her grieving. But Willow had no clue what was going on behind closed doors, and for her all of this seemed too permanent.

"You all have someone. Klaus has Hope, you have Marcel. Who do I have? I'm completely alone because yet again, I've lost someone and I can't even begin to become attached to anyone else because I know how it ends" Willow's anger and simmered and had been replaced with tears "My real parents didn't want me, my other parents were killed because of me, so were the people who cared for me, and then Christopher. Bradley died because I stabbed him and Elijah died because he was linked to me. Who else will die because of me?"

It's been a year and a half. Over 400 days since Elijah had died and there wasn't a day that passed that Willow didn't beat herself up for it.

"Nobody will die because of you Willow" Rebekah replied, a softer tone of voice occurred now. "You aren't alone, you'll never be alone. You are family and we'd be damned if we knowingly let you deal with everything alone"

Willow took a crumpled up piece of paper out of her pocket, throwing it on the table in front of them. "These are the names of the witches responsible for Elijah's death. Yes, I've killed any witch that stepped foot in the quarter but today I killed the last of the guilty. And yes, I will continue to keep the witches out of the city, until I feel strong enough to stand on my own two feet"

It felt like the blood of these witches were her heroin. She couldn't get enough of that short rush where she forgets everything. "And Rebekah, I need you to understand. You get angry, you can go out and drink a few people dry, what can I do? I can't step foot in st Anne's church without crying, I can punch a wall, get some therapy but it doesn't work"

Rebekah sighed "only if you answer every message I send and you check in with me every hour on the hour"

She could tell Elijah was shouting no in the background. He could be telling Rebekah ways to stop her from doing it, making Rebekah sound a little bit like him to manipulate her into stopping.

Willow smiled and quickly exited to go to her room. Rebekah spun around and pulled on Freya's metaphorical rope to push herself back into Elijah's world.

"Why'd you let her go?" Elijah asked, in shock of what willow was doing to cope.

"Tell me, Elijah what are the odds of her agreeing to stop the one thing that makes her forget about you? She's a stubborn girl, she always has been" Rebekah explained "our best bet is to get you out of here"

You don't own me - Grace ft G Eazy