85

Willow sat, tucked under the desk with her right hand clutching a pen and her left holding a piece of paper still. She thought, there was so many possibilities, so much too right. But she just didn't have the time.

Eventually, after beginning to explain herself through words, Willow settled on one small sentence to sum up everything, to make them understand. They had no choice, and for once this was all on her.

Willow dropped her pen and watched it roll down and slow to a halt right next to the sheet. Was there any more to say? Plenty, but she couldn't fit it all in one note, and she didn't have the time nor courage to stay and wait for everything to be said.

She didn't have any makeup on, she had scrubbed it off when she was in the shower getting the blood from her skin. But looks didn't matter, though Elijah told her she still looked perfect, she didn't believe him. Looks didn't matter when she'd be at the bottom of the river.

Willow was still under the impression that the Mikaelson's were downstairs, talking about whatever keeps them occupied. The current state of the city, the progress of Marcel's men, anything.

She tucked her hair behind her ear as she looked down at the page one last time, and then around the room. This was the room she and Elijah had shared when they were together, the room where on sleepless nights she came to calm her nerves. The room where she now cried herself to sleep, and slept alone.

Willow grasped the chain around her neck with a ring threaded through, shutting her eyes and leaning her head back "please, give me strength" she begged, hoping it didn't fall upon deaf ears. Hoping some sort of force would give her the strength to do this.

She stood up; turning to the shelf behind her where she had kept a framed photo of Elijah. It was old, probably months before she made her first appearance in their lives, but it was her favourite.

And like most of her exits now-a-days. Willow jumped through the window and climbed down the ivy into the streets. She pulled her cardigan around her more, regretting not wearing a thicker layer over it, the weather was freezing cold.

Meanwhile, around thirty minutes after Willow's final escape from the room. Rebekah, Nik and Freya had returned home, with a very much alive Elijah.

He couldn't keep still. He had to see her, it was the one and only thing he needed to do before he could settle back. He wanted to see how she light up when she saw him alive, her reaction would be everything to him. Something he'd always carry with him.

"Willow" Rebekah shouted "come down here we have a surprise for you!"

They were all excited really, all waiting with anticipation to hear a few shuffles from upstairs, or to hear her coming down. But when a few minutes past and after Rebekah had called her name once more, they got a little more worried.

"She maybe asleep" Rebekah thought, walking forward and up the stairs. She opened the door slowly, letting in more and more light until she could fully see an empty room.

"She's gone" Rebekah said, and with that everyone was by her side.

"Maybe to hunt for more witches?" Klaus suggested, but he was answered by complete silence. The room contained a more eerie aura, not something as pleasant as simply taking a quick trip out.

"Over here" Freya waved everyone over to the desk where a note lay. Elijah pushed through and lifted it for himself, his eyes scanning over and then his voice reading it out to completely process what was written. Also wanting reassurance he wasn't imagining this entire thing.

"Dear Rebekah, Klaus and Freya" he began "I really want to write pages upon pages thanking you all for everything you've done for me over these years of knowing you. You were all so lovely and I'm really sad to be writing this. I want to tell you all you were good, but I don't have the energy nor time. I don't even have enough paper to fully tell you how much you all mean to me"

"And I wanted to write to you and explain why I'm doing what I'm doing, or how I am doing for starters. But you probably all know, and I realised my entire motive can be summed up with one small sentence" Elijah read quickly as if he were out of breath "I can't live without him, I'm sorry"

He peered out from behind the paper, eventually dropping it to the floor, hoping that he didn't just read the truth. Everyone was stunned to silence, but it was Freya who kicked everyone back into reality.

She lifted the page up and sat down by the desk. "Elijah hold my hand" she said.

"What?" Elijah didn't know what to do, where to or himself or anything. He couldn't lose her after only just coming back. How unlucky was this?

"I'm doing a locator spell and I need you to see where she is. You can get to her quickly and she will only listen to you" Freya explained, taking Elijah's hand forcefully and pulling him over to the most recent thing her DNA was on.

Freya set the page alight and squoze her brother's hand tighter until he saw small visions, she was still alive, that was a relief. But she looked distraught and finally ...

"I know where she is" Elijah said, running to the door "I'll be back, and so will Willow"

With that he had disappeared, hoping that he was on time.