80

1.5 years later

"Everything seems to be running smoothly, ish" Rebekah sat at a round table in the middle of the compound. Though if anyone were to walk in, they would not see her.

Freya had managed to use a temporary spell to transport Rebekah slightly across worlds for a few minutes to talk to Elijah. That's how he stayed sane. "As you can tell, Freya is working tirelessly to figure out a way to get you out of this world, I'm not sure how you put up with it"

Elijah sat on the other side, listening intently to Rebekah's summarisation of everything as because of recently, she had plunged herself into the world to speak to him, finding his body with a dagger in his chest.

Maybe that made the time go quicker? But obviously they wouldn't be able to pull him out without some help on Elijah's side. So Rebekah took he dagger out and scolded him for his stupidity.

"It's all the same with me, I'm working closely with Marcel and his army to toughen our defences incase any of the scattered Strix want revenge on us for murdering their leader" Rebekah explained "but I doubt that's the case as Niklaus is ruling with an iron fist, not giving anybody the chance to start an uprising. Vampires patrol the quarter constantly"

"And the witches? Willow?" Elijah asked

"Well, this is the part that is going to surprise you the most; but I'm going to start from the beginning" Rebekah leant down and rummaged in her bag to pull out a crumpled envelope, Elijah's name was on it along with the compounds address. "I found this come back to us; and after reading it I realised that Willows been writing to you, posting it and allowing it to come back"

Elijah held it in his hands. It seemed strange to touch what she had physically touched. It had been so long.

He slid his thumb in and pulled out the folded piece of paper, unfolding it and analysing her handwriting. It was definitely hers. "Maybe it's how she copes"

Elijah,

This is going to be the last time I write to you. For some reason, whilst I'm writing these I imagine you sat somewhere warm and exotic, anticipating my next letter with all of the Mikaelson's daily news, maybe sipping a pina colada, but probably bourbon. That suits you best.

It is only when I put my pen down and begin to write your name on the back of the envelope, do I come to the harsh realisation that you'll never read these. And I curse myself for being so naive, so stupid. But then, I pick the pen up again and start writing to you, and all of my problems go away. It's like you're really here, and every day when the mail arrives, I just hope that I've gotten a reply from you. But as we all know, that's never going to happen.

You came to me, in my dreams in the few days after you passed. You told me everything will be okay, and that you'll always be here. And I believed you, I eagerly went to bed at nights, knowing you'd be there, awaiting me. But then it stopped, I wasn't sure if it was my mind telling me it's time to move on.

I hope in years to come I can look back on our memories and tell all of these new vampires the legend of Elijah Mikaelson, the fearsome yet noble brother who died saving his family. I can't wait to tell them about how much I loved you, and how much we lost when we lost you.

My love for you Elijah will never die, even when I grow old, even when I die, I'll still be in love with you. I always used to wonder how it would work, when I'm old and grey and you still look young and fresh, people would mistake you for my grandson, or call me a cougar aha, maybe you'd be a gold digger. That's one problem out of the window then.

But it's time for me to stop. You're never getting these and I think it's time for me to move on, well, at least try to.

I will love you always and forever Elijah. And I hope wherever you are, you're happy.

All my love,
Wills

"I came to her, in her dreams once I had died" Elijah began to explain, hearing her voice read those exact words. "I couldn't just leave her in that state, but when time went on, I could see her deteriorate. I thought it best to let her grieve alone, that my visits weren't doing her any good"

"It was the best thing for you to do, Elijah" Rebekah nodded.

"Can I keep this?" He held the letter and asked his sister kindly, was it even possible for him to keep it? Rebekah nodded anyway.

"And to answer your previous question" Rebekah replied, the one about the witches and if Willow was truly well "if you watch closely, you're about to find out"

Wreak Havoc - Skylar Grey