44

Willow got some plans together and made sure that Bradley had a room to himself. She didn't want to share, the man barely knew who she truly was, it was awkward and she didn't feel exactly the same.

"Bradley is upstairs" Willow walked down to Freya "and things have gotten a hell of a lot more complicated"

"Well, we can honestly all say that we did not see that coming" Freya turned around to her "but I'm guessing everyone is sort of happy for you, well- everyone apart from you know who"

"It is something I really really don't want to think about at the minute" Willow cringed "I'm hoping Bradley will pick up and leave when he realises how real these things are; he was never really good with fear. That gives me time to see if I want to stay here or go back to that life"

"I know you're upset with Elijah, and I would be too; but I really think it would be best just talking to him about this" Freya would always look out for her family, it was only fair on him to have an explanation, or to figure out where everyone stood. Surely he wouldn't be happy with the man staying around.

"Don't you think I know?" Willow rubbed her eyes, stressed out wasn't the word. "But right now I think we have bigger problems"

Freya nodded her head, hoping Willow would talk to Elijah soon.

"Freya, I'm scared. I don't know who attacked me, he wasn't a vampire I'm sure of that. I want to know who found me" Willow changed the subject of love interests to the more important deals. "And I have the funniest feeling that whoever was behind the attack, was behind that note. They know that things would be a hell of a lot more complicated when Bradley's here, whether it serves as a weakness to me, or to Elijah- you know, seeing me with someone else. But I can't decide anything for sure because I don't know anything"

"We're all getting on it, I don't know where to start, but we can figure this out. Whoever they are will make themselves known, sooner or later" Freya informed her.

Willow moved in closer, edging towards Freya as to whisper something "I need your advice too, and I don't want you to worry anyone until we know if it's serious or not"

Willow pushed her hair back, revealing her neck and a small pinprick that looked quite painful. "Someone injected something into me, and my neck has been aching ever since. I'm not sure what it was, whether it was to subdue me or not, but this pain is really bothering me"

Freya lifted an empty glass from beside her "don't wanna take any chances" she said "your secrets safe with me"

She stood up and walked over to a set of daggers they kept as decoration, Freya lifted one and handed it to Willow.

"Just give me some of your blood, into the glass, I'll do an experimental spell on it and see if it has been contaminated with something and if so, I can research what it is and what it does" she smiled.

Willow smiled back, running the blade along her arm and drawing blood, she angled her arm so the blood trickled down her skin and dropped into the bottom of the glass.

"Thank you" Willow gave the glass back to her "I'll keep this dagger and wash it myself, keep everyone safe"

She stood up, trying to keep the blood from dropping on the floor, the cut wasn't deep but it still gave out a lot of blood for something so small. "I owe you one" she told the witch.

"Well, I'll cash that in right now if you don't mind" Freya stood up "clean yourself up, and then go and talk to Elijah, get it over with"

"I was hoping to have a bit more time to think of what to say" Willow tried to flake on her, but Freya wasn't having it "but I guess I'll have to now"

"Please, Willow. If not for him then for yourself, you all need to know where you stand" Freya tried to convince her that it was a good idea, but Willow would prefer not to really indulge in any drama. She didn't know where she stood herself, but maybe that's all she needed to tell him.

Of course he was going to be upset and she did feel guilty. But why should she? Was willow supposed to live the rest of her life alone? It was unfair.

"Fine" she gave in "let me clean myself up, put a plaster on this and clean the dagger, and then I'll find him and I'll talk to him. But I'm not guaranteeing it's gonna go well"

"He just needs closure, both of you owe that to each other" Freya nodded.

Willow nodded back at her, a silent gesture to agree to what Freya had told her. She'd talk to Elijah, just as soon as she puts a plaster over this cut and stop the bleeding.

But what the hell is she going to say?

Fight Song - Rachel Platten