72

"That's the seventh member of the Strix I've leant out to you and that's the seventh member that will never come back" Tristan had been more involved with this latest plan of Willow's, not out of her will of course, he found it necessary to sit in and watch from a safe distance as she failed in controlling whatever she had inside of her. Even one member was too many, but due to his latest agreement with his former enemy and sire, all he could do was sit back and watch his men die painfully.

Willow didn't even care about the blood on her hands anymore, they always seemed to be red. She sat down and rubbed her face, trying to hide her disappointment, trying to hide the face that yet again, she had failed, and with every second, she would be slowly losing herself to the witches.

Tristan, on the other hand, couldn't mask his anger, his jaw clenched as he watched his seventh man be dragged out by his other men. Elijah slotted himself into the situation as if he didn't, Tristan would be the next.

But it would take a million apologies to allow his men to forgive him for this, to entrust him with their lives again. They were beginning an uproar, gaining confidence against their leader and asking why he continues to send their friends to death.

Tristan, on the other hand, grew shy around them. It was never like him, but he had something up his sleeve of the Mikaelson's caper continues. If nobody puts a stop to the girls endless attempts to control something that can never be controlled. He just hadn't worked out the details as of yet.

"When you begged us for a deal, I assumed you were willing to help us. Whatever it takes" Willow also had an agreement, with Elijah. She told him she could talk for herself, and if she truly needed aid then she would ask. Otherwise Elijah would be jumping to his love's aid any moment now. Tristan's sharp tongue could cut her like a knife, but recently, its her that has been cutting him.

"Well if I wanted disposing of my own army then I'd do it myself, but it seems you're killing the only men willing to help you" he retorted; this was getting enough now, Tristan had had it up to here with all of their obliviousness. "Why not turn a few, kill some new vampires instead of ancient ones with the power to take down a whole kingdom"

"Because, even without the curse I could probably take on about three new vampires with my eyes closed. It's not a challenge, is it?" Willow began to sass the thousand year old vampire "Surely, if you'd want to take the place of the next vampire, we could arrange that" she turned to Elijah "Elijah, be a dear and step out of the room for a second, I'd love to show Tristan who he's really criticising"

Nope. This is when Elijah truly stepped between them, he could feel Willow's anger burning from across the room. "Tristan, I think it's better if you'd leave; please await further information"

"We'll be in touch" Willow added sarcastically, waving at him as Tristan huffed and exited swiftly.

Willow let out a breath of relief when he had vanished, turning back around to Elijah to look at him. She had blood smeared across her face and she looked deflated.

"He's right, isn't he?" She rested her head on Elijah's chest, immediately jumping back when she realised that she had just smeared blood on his white shirt. But Elijah didn't care, he could tell she wasn't feeling too great today, Elijah pulled her back in. "Seven vampires down and I'm not getting any better, seven ancient vampires who'd probably be better protecting me and not fighting me"

"If you're worried about running out of vampires, I assure you, we have plenty. I'd also prefer you murder some of the Strix rather than Marcel's vampires" Elijah tried to make light of this situation, but it wasn't the vampires she was killing now, it was the fact she could feel the darkness slowly creeping in on her and the fact that maybe the next time she blacks out, she could kill part of her family.

"It's not that" Willow shook her head.

"I know" Elijah held her tighter, closer to him. He didn't want to talk about it himself, it was all too much for them. He wasn't sure whether to start planning his siblings funerals, his funeral or Willow's. But he knew for sure, this darkness wouldn't pass without some sort of sacrifice.

"I'm sorry this has to happen to you" Elijah apologised, maybe he just moved her to another location she'd be safer. But supernatural creatures would always follow her, this time, it really was out of his control.

"I'm sorry this has to happen to you, none of us deserve this. Not me, not you, not Rebekah or Klaus" She listed "I'd like to say none of the vampires do, but I do feel a little smug killing those Strix parasites"

Elijah let go of her, he didn't feel right. Something was off about Tristan today and he was sure to get to the bottom of it.

"Leave it, Elijah" Willow knew what he was thinking, she could see that expression on his face "Don't get involved in anything else, I can't deal with any more drama"

Elijah nodded. He didn't say a word, and somehow that was enough for her. But it wasn't enough for him.

Everything had gone too far and he would prefer to stop Tristan at true beginning rather than wait for everything to get worse.

In my veins - Andrew belle