22

"You need to wrap up warm" Christopher told her, grabbing his coat and draping it over his shoulders and snaking his arm through "no excuses lady, I saw a scarf in your room, I put it in myself"

"Ugh" Willow groaned as she stomped back into the room with a scarf in her hand "you know I hate scarves, I feel suffocated"

"No excuses" he replied "I don't want the only thing that can wipe out an entire species, getting the flu"

She wrapped the black scarf around her neck and tucked it into her coat, pulling her hair back out from the wrap. "Are you happy?"

"Gloves?" He asked, looking at her bare hands.

"In my pocket" she replied quickly

"Put them on" he demanded "it's going to be freezing out there"

"What? The Wolves don't have central heating?" She shrugged, taking her gloves from her pocket and putting them on. "Anyway I don't get why I have to go down there, Klaus said they were already on our side"

"Yes but now Tristan has offered everything someone could want, in return for you" he explained "wolves are very sentimental, family orientated. Spit something about how youre human too and you've been through hell and they'd fall at your feet"

"And if the don't?" She asked, her fingers working around the buttons on her coat. Willow saw visions of the whole thing going wrong when they saw her.

"I will be there, Hayley will be there" Christopher replied

"No offence, I've not met the hybrid girl yet, what if she's tempted by the offer, maybe she wants to go somewhere normal with Hope?" Willow asked, finding holes in the entire thing.

"Don't worry" a skinny girl stormed in "Klaus would always track me down and kill me for taking his daughter away from him. I've tried"

"I'm guessing, Hayley?" Willow asked, it wasn't even rocket science.

"Slash temporary body guard. Though my wolves are loyal and I don't see why they need talking to, Christopher?" She turned her attention to the other vampire.

"I'm not saying that your wolves are disloyal, all I'm saying is that there were a few wolves in this little club that tried to take us down. I'm covering all areas" he replied "anyway you won't be a body guard until you actually have to, if your wolves are so loyal then you won't need to be"

"I'm also pretty good at defending myself?" Willow shyly raised her hand "you can ask Elijah, he's been teaching me"

"Okay, well let's get this over and done with so I can go back to my daughter" Hayley shrugged, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Okie dokie" Willow grabbed her bag and walked out of the compound, wondering if she should have said goodbye to Elijah. She woke up this morning to find him still in the same position she could remember last night. It was kind of sweet.

The frosty cold air nipped at the skin she had bare, Willow silently thanked Christopher for being so harsh about what she should wear. If it was up to her, she'd be out in just a jacket, but it was far too cold for that.

"God, how to the wolves survive the winters here" she tried making conversation, puffs of smoke escaping her lips as she spoke.

"They're naturally warm beings, they also have log fires and thick coats" Hayley replied, listing all the ways life in the bayou isn't that hard. She did live with them for a few months. "We'll go this way, it's quicker" Hayley pointed down parts of the forest that had grown over, there wasn't a trail to follow, nothing "I can get them all rounded up too"