20

"Agh" Willow flinched as she stared down at the original vampire wrapping a white bandage around the cut "its fine, Elijah, you don't have to..." she stopped when the bandage wrapped around again and tightened "I mean, you, Rebekah, Chris and Klaus all did the heavy lifting, I feel like a wimp"

"Yes, however we can heal. You can't. I can't even feed you my blood to heal you either" he held his gaze on her wrist. The cut was actually really deep, a few millimetres down and he would have been sure to take her to hospital.

"Thanks" she moved her wrist around as soon as Elijah let go. The feeling of banadages on her arm felt nostalgic "although I much would have preferred those plasters with the little puppies on, and at home I would have gotten a sticker for being such a brave girl" she laughed

Elijah smiled, he made sure he didn't get any blood on his clothing or anywhere where he could get it into his bloodstream. "I didn't know you had it in you" he said

"I think you mean Willow, thank you for saving my life " she mimicked his voice as she enacted what she wanted him to say.

"I don't sound like that" he chuckled "but yes, you took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you, you really did help me"

There was that small moment of silence, the moment they finally had to really look at eachother. They stared, or gazed. It seemed like both of them were stuck that way for a while, both thinking to themselves.

And I want you to meet someone very special.

Both of them turned to the door upon hearing Rebekah's loud voice. Even willow had heard her from down the corridor. She pushed through the doors and sent Elijah stumbling up and at an acceptable and unsuspicious distance from her.

"Freya, I'd like you to meet Willow" Rebekah stood, presenting Willow like she was something other-worldly. But Freya needed no explanation as to why she was so special.

The witch perched on the end of the sofa besides Willow and smiled blankly as her hand touched the girl's arm. "I see you have a lot of power in your blood" Freya looked down and then back up at her "I've heard about this amongst the witches, though I thought this power was in a stone"

"It used to be" Willow shrugged "I wouldn't get too close if I were you, I- kinda had a bit of an accident" she raised her wrist and pulled her arm away from the strange woman who didn't know any boundaries. Though Willow was still too shy to ask who the hell this woman was.

"This is Freya" Elijah could tell by Willow's expression that she had no idea what was going on "our sister"

Willow's tune quickly changed as she didn't want to seem rude to their eldest sister, especially if she was so powerful.

"I knew the stone had disappeared but I never knew this was the outcome" Freya stared as if Willow was some kind of celebrity. "It's genius"

"Maybe for someone else" Willow became slightly defensive, she was never good with everything being sprung upon her. People made out her curse to be a gift and it wasn't, it sure as hell wasn't.

"You're correct, sorry how insensitive of me" Freya realised her faux pas and tried to retract her steps and pretend like she didn't say anything. Freya turned to her brother, Elijah "and she is on our side?" She asked

"Yes, I am" Willow snapped "and I can answer my own questions"

"Forgive her Freya, she is a bit shaken" Elijah tried to excuse Willow.

"Yes of course" Freya flashed a sympathetic smile, realising she is only still human. "Seeing by the vampire downstairs that literally has no innards left in her body"

"Her blood is very powerful" Elijah added "she's a very strong girl, given what she has been through"

"Yes, but right now I really need to get to sleep" Willow placed her feet on the floor and pushed to stand up "now that I can actually get dressed into my own pyjamas" she smiled sarcastically, laughing "it's sad how the best thing that's happened is having my own clothes back"

"I'll make sure you get there okay" Elijah volunteered. Freya looked strangely at Rebekah, the vampire giving a knowing look back.

"Elijah, its only a cut on my wrist, I'm not going to die on the way there"

"Please, it'll make me feel better knowing that you are safe in bed" Elijah wasn't going to take no for an answer, everyone in the room knew it.

"Fine" Willow huffed, "but no making me out to be weaker than I am, I only have a small cut on my wrist, I'm not a porcelain doll"

"Promise"

Tell me how to feel - Maggie Eckford