40

Willow stretched out her arms, her hands reached over her eyes as she rubbed them. When she was satisfied, she took her hands away and opened them. Looking around at the room that she hadn't been in in five years.

And soon enough, all of the dreams she had all pieced together, all of her memories came back from before the five years she spent as someone else. Though she remembered the years on her own, now she was aware that she was forced against her own will to take on the persona she didn't want.

Everything seemed so vivid, like the five years hasn't existed and she just woke up, like yesterday she was in New Orleans, and the day before that, and the day before that.

And on a scale from one to ten, how angry was Willow?

Well, she was no mathematician, but she was pretty sure it was a number so high, nobody knew of it.

Meanwhile, waiting downstairs, blissfully unaware of the impending arguement that was to come, Elijah sat with a bourbon. He listened intently for any sign of movement upstairs.

"Elijah Mikaelson, you narcissistic, selfish, psychopathic, backstabbing son of a bitch" a woman's voice called from behind him.

Elijah was facing the door, he stood to his feet and readied himself to see Willow for the first time in five years. Well, Willow as herself.

He turned around and was instantly met with a harsh punch in the chin. A loud crack sounded as he immediately raised his hand and grasped his jaw, clicking it back into place.

She scowled up at him, though it wasn't effective. But you wouldn't believe someone so adorable, so cute to an original vampire could do so much harm. She broke his jaw.

"Willow" Elijah clicked his jaw once more and made sure it was going to stay in its natural position.

"-go to hell" she seethed, turning around and walking, unintentionally into Rebekah.

"God it's great to see you" Rebekah seemed relieved to see her, taking her quickly into her arms in a swift hug.

"The feelings mutual" Willow wasn't angry with Rebekah, it seemed as if all of her anger was directed at Elijah, who she could now class as her 'ex'. "It's been a while"

"Five years" Rebekah clarified "I can't say it's gone by quick, this place never felt the same without you"

"You haven't changed a bit" Willow observed, smiling as she looked Rebekah up and down "I can't say I'm surprised though"

"I wish I could say the same for you" Rebekah replied, lifting up a bunch of her hair "I didn't think you liked blonde"

Willow looked down and immediately remembered that a few months into her new life, she decided to get blonde highlights. It seemed like a good idea.

"I do" she told her "I do hate blonde, but you know who likes it? Ashley"

Rebekah tilted her head to the side as if to ask who Ashley was "oh" she remembered, the name of the persona Elijah created for her. "It looks nice"

"Trust me, I'm having it taken out at the first opportunity I get" she smiled, flicking her hair back so she didn't have to look at the monstrosity. "It's time for this stupid Ashley era to end and for mine to begin again. I just need you to catch me up on... everything"

"Where do you want me to start?" Rebekah laughed, trying hard to ignore her brother's stares. Maybe he wanted a different reaction, maybe it should be him that Willow was talking to.

"Well, though I'd hate to say his name. Update me on Tristan, what's he up to now?" She asked, edging further and further from Elijah.

"Tristan disappeared, vanished off the face of the earth as soon as he awoke and realised you were dead" Rebekah informed her, it sounded like music to her ears to begin with, but knowing the world they were in, it wouldn't last long. "Probably to find some other way of killing or torturing us"

"That is honestly the best news I've heard" Willow breathed "apart from, you know, the other part. But he's gone"

"For now" Elijah had to find a way to jump in, to just get a few words in with her and hopefully get a few words back that weren't insulting "I've had people search for him, and he's had people come in to New Orleans to check on us. The majority ending with their head on a spike"

"Great" Willow glanced at him and then back at Rebekah, acting like he wasn't even there. "Well that means that I can go out alone then"

"There are still threats out there" Elijah stopped her from walking away "id prefer you wait a few days, until you properly recover" his hand was on her wrist, he didn't realise it until she violently pulled it away and pointed at him.

"You don't have any say in what I can or cannot do anymore" she hissed "don't wait up"

Willow stormed past Elijah, nudging his shoulder with hers.

Elijah looked at Rebekah, a strange expression as to say what can I do?

"She needs time" Rebekah said, it was the only thing that she could think of "it's a big thing, maybe she's scared"

"She hates me" Elijah told Rebekah exactly how he think Willow feels "she has no problem with you"

"She's angry, and she's retaliating because she knows you'd be the one easiest to get to, she loves you, true love never dies" Rebekah knew how girls think, she has in fact done it herself, though she targeted Klaus instead. "Trust me. And if you don't believe me, wait until she gets back, talk to her when she's calmer. She'll tell you the exact same thing, she needs time"

Elijah nodded his head. Okay, he can give time. He thought.

I've Told you Now - Sam Smith