28

Willow headed straight back to the compound, alone. She didn't care about the impending threat, she didn't care if someone were to take her right now. Luckily, for everyone else, she got there safely before the sun disappeared below the earth.

She walked back to her room and drew the curtains before just perching on the edge of her bed with her hand firmly grasping one of the posts attached to the corners.

Willow rested her forehead on her clutched hand and shut her eyes for just a second, letting out a few more tears. With her free hand, she wiped her cheeks dry, ready for more and more tears.

"Elijah" she breathed as within seconds, a gust of wind blew throughout the room, it was quite cold, affecting parts of her legs that weren't covered by the black dress. If she wanted to avoid him, he wasn't having any of it.

Elijah didn't say any words, he stepped into the room after standing silently at the door for a minute or so. He walked through and sat beside her, both of them looking forwards, both of them not speaking anything.

This was more of a moment where the silence did all the talking they needed. But that wasn't enough. "I wanted to thank you" Willow did not look at him once, she would feel to weak if she did "there were many other people in danger in the bayou, your friends, your allies, Hayley, burning from the inside" Willow tried her best not to hear the screams that haunted her dreams "and you saved me, knowing I really wouldn't have died there"

"I would always save you, in a heartbeat" Elijah spoke quietly, he glanced at her, her eyes were red and bloodshot, tears trailed down, leaving stains on her skin. "I promised I'd protect you, It will always be you"

"Even over hundreds of creatures that are in a torturous amount of pain?" She didn't even have to look to see Elijah's head nod in return

"The pain, the guilt and knowledge that you were in Tristan's grasp is far worse than the pain and guilt of letting those wolves die" It was extreme, they were all in mourning, for Christopher, for half of the wolves, their allies. And it did seem extreme, willow didn't know she was worth that much. Then again, was it her blood that made everyone that way?

Willow turned to her own thoughts once more, it was unintentional to ignore him like that and turn the room into silence again. But she was so engulfed in the thought that herself, as a person was worthless and her only valued trait was her blood. It was bound to happen, these thoughts, feeling like an object.

But they were cut when she felt Elijah take her hand. His hand had edges ever so closer to her, until he placed it on top of hers and squoze her fingers slightly. He wanted her to know that he was there, that no matter what she had gone through, no matter who she had lost, she would never, ever be alone. For she would always have him, and it didn't matter what she did, whether it be bad or good, he'd always want her, he was completely in love with her.

The touch of her hand immediately made her head turn to look at him, it was sort of a reflex just to see if he had accidentally brushed his hand against hers, but obviously it wasn't.

And the weakness set in, Willow's heart began to race a mile a minute in the short seconds she had locked gazes with him. And Elijah edged forwards, and Willow edged forwards. But with so many things being put on her mind now, so many voices inside of her head yelling, screaming, begging her to stop, Willow had to listen.

She turned her head away, though her body faced the original vampire, her knees touching his, Willow managed to turn her head, looking at the ground on the opposite side of the room. She didn't know where to take it from here, maybe he'd get the hint and leave? But Elijah's grip stayed strong on her hand and he didn't have the intention of leaving.

Willow was still staring at the same spot on the floor when Elijah's hand gently touched her jaw line, guiding her face so she would look back at him. "What're you so afraid of?" He whispered, now his lips were only seconds away from hers, she could feel his warm breath hands upon her lips. And in that moment she had forgotten everything, what was she so afraid of? Willow was certain she'd remember soon, or in the morning, but why should she deny herself something so vital for human life? Why should she deny herself love?

And of course, why should she deny Elijah that too?

Willow carried on before she turned her head away, leaning forward to take Elijah by surprise. Her lips brushed against his, there were a few seconds where he was too stunned to even move, but eventually he grew comfortable and mounded his lips to fit hers perfectly.

His hand placed firmly on her waist as her hands were rested on her shoulder. It was completely euphoric, something Willow had never really experienced before. She never had a true boyfriend, she was never in love with anyone. But this just confirmed it.

Willow was finally in love.

Frail Love - Cloves