32

Elijah had both hands on the wheel as he stared straight ahead on the empty countryside road. There was nothing apart from a huge forest to the left of them and every so often, an old run down gas station or convenient store. But that was every hour or so, and it was a hell of a long drive.

Willow kicked her boots up on the dashboard and leant back, her eyes shut as she tried to relax, but something just made her fidget all of the time. The same feeling as that day Christoper passed.

Elijah felt the uncertainty and uncomfortableness in her aura, he reached down and took her and, raising it to his mouth to kiss it. "You seem quiet, today" Elijah observed.

Willow opened her eyes and frowned "I don't know, it sounds stupid but the day feels strange" she tried to explain in the best way possible "ignore me, it does sound stupid"

"No" Elijah refused "it doesn't, maybe you're just scared"

"About picking flowers?" She laughed.

"About risking everything, you never know what could be there" Elijah tried to make her feel better, it wasn't working.

"I haven't been scared for a while now, I don't get scared anymore" she replied, feeling the knife she had smuggled through burn in her inner pocket. You know, just in case.

Elijah laughed to himself, a small grin played on his mouth as he thought that Willow trying to be tough was like a puppy trying to be scary. It wasn't working whatsoever.

They passed another gas station, this one the worst of them all, though it looked open and there was a small sign saying open, the walls were moulded and it was practically something
You'd see in a horror film.

4 willow said to herself as she counted the fourth gas station she passed, her eyes glanced down to the meter in front of Elijah that showed he still had almost a full tank. And she took a breath out, they didn't need to stop, thank god.

Just as her face turned to look forward, the car suddenly and violently stopped, like Elijah had slammed his foot down on the brake.

Willow flew forward, her head slamming against the dashboard and bouncing back. "Ah" she groaned as her vision blurred and then returned to a semi normal sight. "What the hell?" She asked him.

Elijah removed his seatbelt with a concerned look on his face, his first concern was Willow, his next was trying to find out what stopped the car.

"I didn't brake" Elijah said, lifting Willow's head up to look and see if there were any injuries, and there was one small cut on her head that seeped with small amounts of blood. He took a closer look, but Willow turned her head away.

"Don't, its fine" she said "don't get too close to it" but it really did hurt like hell. "I think we have worse issues to worry about"

Elijah nodded and exited the car swiftly, walking towards the front and seeing under the bonnet begin to smoke. He wasn't the best with cars, but when he had lifted it to search inside, it looked like it had been tampered with.

"Stay here, I'm going to find help" he said, seeing that he had no service on his phone.

"What?" Willow jumped out and raised her hands "you can't just leave me alone here, I'm coming with you"

"It's safer here" Elijah urged "we need someone to watch the car, the gas station is only a few miles down the road, I can run"

"Nuh-uh" she shook her head "no freaking way, what if this was Tristan and he expects me to stay and when you go then I'm free for the taking, no, I'm definitely coming with you"

"But..."

"... nobodies going to steal the car, it's smoking, it'll be fine on its own" Willow argued, knowing that if she wanted him to agree, she'd have to play her wild card "and I've just hit my head on a really hard bit of plastic and I might have a concussion and I might die, maybe I need a first aid kit or something. Definitely don't wanna be alone with this injury"

Elijah rolled his eyes, he knew what she was doing, he knew that it was smart and she knew that it would work. It just put doubts in his mind, so eventually he'd have to give into her.

"Okay" Elijah looked both ways, taking her hand and crossing the road "we'll ask for help... and a first aid kit"

Willow smiled victoriously "okay, there wasn't one far from here, it shouldn't take too long"

Arabella - Arctic Monkeys