52

It was about time for Willow to come clean and tell them the truth about what she think might have gone on.

"I was waiting for Freya's spell to finish before I told any of you; I didn't want to make a fuss over something that could turn out to be nothing" She tried explaining herself, digging herself out of the hole she unintentionally created. Why did she even listen to herself? The Mikaelson's know better than her "I should have told you all the minute I felt strange"

"You should have told us as soon as you remembered you were injected" Elijah didn't exactly snap at her, he wasn't nice either. He cared about her so much, it physically hurt him to see her like this, to know that she didn't want to tell him this. She always told him everything.

Willow sat with a book in front of her, she wasn't asked to research, but she wanted to. "You don't have to do that" Elijah told her, they were both waiting in his study whilst Freya toyed around with the spell to see what was going on. Willow was probably barking up the wrong tree reading that book.

"I'm human, I have no knowledge of anything you do. I can't fight properly, maybe my uses could be good elsewhere. Maybe I could finally wrap my head around this stuff" she explained herself "it'll keep me busy too"

Willow flipped the page over; being careful not to tear it. After all, this book was almost as old, if not older, than Elijah himself.

She looked up from the book and saw him pace the room in a worry. Her eyes followed his every movements. "I want to know why I didn't get you" she said quietly.

Elijah stopped, he was wondering the exact same thing, amongst other things like; what the hell had happened to you? How can we fix this?

"It's like, I don't remember hurting Klaus, I don't remember kicking Rebekah like everyone said I did. I just remember looking at you, and feeling calmer" Willow attempted to explain the strange feelings she had during that weird time.

Just as Elijah was about to reply to her, Freya bounded in through the door. They had all decided that it may be best for Rebekah and Nik to keep a bit of a distance until they recognise the issue.

"Have you found anything?" Willow jumped at Freya's entrance, almost standing to her feet but deciding that sudden movements may not be a good idea. She wasn't sure what was a good idea, but she sure as hell didn't want another episode like that, and hopefully Freya could put her fears to rest.

Freya nodded her head, a thick book in her hand that almost looked identical to the one Willow was reading from. "I have found something, I'm not sure any of you are going to like it"

Willow looked up at Freya as she placed the book down on the desk. Elijah peered over too.

"It's like an induced hunters curse. Usually you would have to be born with hunters blood in your veins, but there are certain ways you can make someone a hunter. And they've made you a vampire hunter" Freya pointed to a page with incantations on that didn't make sense whatsoever to Willow. She had been using google translate to pick out anything that seemed helpful. "The kind of spell used on you, it makes you lose control when you are in the presence of vampires"

"But Elijah is a vampire" Willow pointed "why aren't I going psycho on him?"

"It could be anything" Freya wasn't quite certain on that aspect just yet "maybe it is because you both share a strong bond"

"But didn't they say something about an activation, using Elijah's blood?" Willow didn't give Freya's answer any time to be thought over whatsoever, she jumped in straight away. Willow looked down and frantically flicked pages back over where she had read. "Can spells be combined?"

"Yeah" it was common sense to Freya, but she let that silly question go as Willow wasn't exactly the smartest in this area "it depends which spell though"

"I saw a linking spell?" She asked, Willow didn't think it would help, Freya probably had evaluated everything around that area. But at least she was trying.

But the spell that Willow landed on wasn't any ordinary linking spell. It fed off the strong bond between the two, in this case, making the spell unbreakable. The only way they could break it was via the person who created it.

"They've linked the life of the hunter to Elijah's" Freya read through the spell and came to the conclusion that that was exactly it. "So, that must be why you can't hurt Elijah, because you'd be hurting the hunter inside of you"

"So does that mean, for the remainder time I'm linked, I can't die?" Willow asked

"Kind of. From reading this, I'm beginning to learn that if you die as yourself, you die. If you die as the hunter, you'll come back but each time your humanity gets consumed a little bit more" Freya explained what she thought would happen "just try not to die"

Willow held her hands up in surrender "I wasn't planning on it" she said sarcastically.

"But for now, you're probably going to be spending most of your time with Elijah, just in case something happens, he can stop it" Freya decided it, there were to be no arguments, it did after all make sense.

The Silent Comedy - Bartholomew