57

"Do you wanna come closer and see how I can defend myself now?" Willow shot up, wanting to pounce at him, subduing her other side that bandaged inside her body, awaiting to come out, excited to come out.

"No thanks, sweetheart" Tristan shook his head "wouldn't want you to kill yourself now"

Elijah took the reigns now, he pulled Willow back and stepped in front of her "what do you want, Tristan?" He asked "speak before I tear your tongue from your mouth and feed it to those little rats you call the Strix"

"easy, Elijah. Don't you recognise an opportunity when you see one? I'm here to make a deal with you, an alliance- if you will" Tristan wasn't coming any closer, not because of the original in his way, because he was afraid of what Willow would do. It was a strange thing really, the girl once was scared of him.

"A deal? You have more chance of me growing a white oak tree and fashioning an intricate stake to give you just so you can stake me in the chest" Elijah spat "Leave, please. If not, I'll leave and leave Willow to go crazy on you. I'm sure she'd torture you more than she would others"

"And I'm not going to argue with that" Willow wiggled her eyebrows and looked hauntingly at the vampire that had caused so much damage and then simply just disappeared.

"You both are a step closer to death each day" Tristan raised his voice, beginning his pitch with a sentence that would draw them in "the witches, they've already gotten to you. If we work together, maybe we can take them down"

"Why should we trust you? In what mind must we be in to allow you into our inner circle, for
You to see our plans?" Elijah quizzed him, shooting out questions, too many for Tristan to answer at once.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" he decided to answer all of the questions with one quote "I remember you said that to me once"

"Your point?"

"The witches aren't just after you. They've slaughtered my vampires, the ones who decided to remain in New Orleans. I sent a few to investigate, most of them ended up dead. It was an extra surprise to witness that the girl is still alive" he revealed "they're plan is to kill the entire Mikaelson family, therefore ridding the world of vampires. I wouldn't really be concerned if it was just you, but as you would remember, my life is linked to yours. And I'd really like a part in keeping it the way it is"

"You don't deserve any part in our life or plans" Willow snapped, her hand took Elijah's and then jumped back when she realised what she had just done. She didn't give Elijah chance to hold it back. "You deserve to die"

"But I won't be the one that dies painfully. Odds are, Dear Willow, that it would be your hands that are covered in Elijah's blood. Me? I have an army of vampires that will sacrifice their lives to keep me safe"

The vampire had a point. If they both joined forces, they would be able to protect each other, but can he be trusted?

"How can we trust you?" Willow took the reigns now, a renewed curiosity "its all well and good saying you'd help us, but then when we let you in, you stab us in the back. And to be honest, you have a hell of a lot of digging yourself out this hole to do"

He knew that they wouldn't trust him straight away. But that allowed him to plan ahead "I knew you'd say that. Follow me"

Willow stepped forward, in front of Elijah to follow Tristan out of the door. Elijah took her wrist and pulled her back "what're you doing?"

"Seeing what he has to offer" She whispered back "if he isn't genuine, well, we'll have to see what happens. But I can't die and neither can you, yet"

"But he can trap us, he can torture us and hurt us in ways unimaginable" Elijah whispered

"But the witches won't let that happen. If they get the slightest whiff of suspicious behaviour and they cannot locate us, Tristan and his men are history. Either way, we are protected" It seemed like willow had quickly evaluated the situation and all of the ins and outs. It was a win:win situation, sort of. So she wanted to go.

Elijah let his grasp on her go and they both walked behind Tristan, he lead them back to where he used to reside when he lived here. Elijah pushed Willow back when it came to the door, usually he would always allow ladies first, but when he saw the dried blood on the walls of the hallway, that went straight out of the window.

They all walked into the main room, book shelves cased the walls, it looked... like hell. Vampires were scattered over the floor, their skin, grey. They were all dead. "This is what I returned to, when the communication from my
Men ceased. Slaughtered, like animals"

"Some of them were" Elijah remarked, not feeling any sort of remorse for these men. They had fought against him, sought to kill him.

"And...?" Willow stood amongst the bodies "how is this going to make us trust you?"

"Nonsense, this was just a small backstory. To show you the witches were truly against us"  He walked over to the end of the room where a set of cupboards were connected to the edge of the book shelves. He opened each and every cupboard door, revealing small jars of red liquid.

"For starters; I returned the ashes of the bodies of wolves that we burnt five years ago" Tristan started "these here, the blood I collected from you over the course of three months, I haven't touched it, they are yours to keep, or destroy, it's up to you"

Willow walked up to them, it was strange how so much blood came from her and how much power it held over most of the supernatural race. "I want it gone" she said, staring at it "all of it, I don't care how, but I want it gone. And I want someone I trust to do it"

"And one last thing" Tristan reached into his inner pocket "An apology, from me personally" he gave over a small golden chain that Willow gifted Christopher for his birthday about ten years ago. "I expect us all to go back to being enemies when this is all over, but for now, a peace offering"

Willow snatched the chain and clutched it tightly in her hands. She turned to Elijah as she tried to make her decision, it wasn't really hers to make, but an army of vampires protecting them wouldn't be too bad.

"I don't trust you, I never will" Willow begun "you are a poor excuse of a man and there will be no way my opinion will change. But, for the safety of the ones I love, you have a deal. If you step out of line though, I won't hesitate to kill you"

Tristan smirked, holding his hand out to shake hers.

"Where do we start?"

Way down we go - Kaleo