73

Elijah snuck carefully around Willow whilst she slept in. He slid his jacket on and stepped out of the room, hoping that his movements won't wake her.

He needed to be alone.

Elijah couldn't live without not knowing if Tristan was up to something or not. He seemed strange the day before, Elijah couldn't sleep at night knowing that Willow could be put more at risk than she was currently. And knowing Tristan, he wouldn't stop.

It was when he reached outside, Elijah realised he didn't kiss Willow goodbye. Recently, he's always said goodbye to her like it would be their last time, because it might be.

He couldn't go back in now, not without risking her waking and asking questions. He had locked her door from the outside and warned his family not to let her out. Of course, she would wake up and realise what was going on, but she wouldn't be able to move or escape.

Maybe he'd leave her a message on his phone. Elijah thought of it last minute as he was approaching the De Martel residence.

I'm sorry, I love you...

He wrote out the start of the message before lowering his phone. Elijah listened in, hearing the familiar voices of his former protege and another Strix member.

That's why I couldn't tell you all; if we all knew the Mikaelson's will become suspicious.

Tristan was explaining something to the other; Elijah put his phone back into his pocket as he tried edging closer. The vampires were walking just out of reach, he could no longer here them, but Elijah knew they had descended, down into the basement.

Elijah found himself on the front porch, slightly opening the door and tiptoeing in. Most of the Strix weren't in, too busy hunting for witches, protecting the compound or burying yet another loss.

It allowed him to get in to the house, completely unnoticed.

It looked somewhat different, as if they were undergoing renovations. The floors were coated in plastic and fabric draped the walls. It was all, completely and utterly empty, apart from a few things covered with sheets.

Have you figured it out? Your time is coming to an end.

Elijah could follow the voice down into the basement, he could tell exactly where he stood. Elijah stepped forward, just a millimetre, and knew that he was stood directly above him. But was this too dangerous?

Your lack of patience astounds me, my Lord. Also your lack of confidence in me. When have I let you down?

It was a woman's voice that replied, taking Elijah completely by surprise. He knew Tristan had a plan, but who else was involved.

Elijah ducked through the small doorway and began to creep downstairs, knowing that if he got enough information, and if he got close enough, he could see for himself the danger that was yet to come.

Elijah came to the bottom of the stairs, one swift turn through the door way and he'd be completely visible. But he stayed at a stance where it was easy to run or fight, whichever the occasion called for.

Grab your sisters, make sure they know the spell, and leave the rest up to me.

Sisters. Elijah finally clicked on who the girl was, apart of the Strix's infamous coven of witches. But what on earth did Tristan need these witches for?

Oh, they know. I've beckoned them, they will arrive shortly.

Elijah took that as a que to leave, he didn't want to come into contact with any more witches in the near future.

He turned to leave and, just his luck, he walked straight into an early arriver. Her blonde hair bellowed, almost covering half of her face, but he could see her piercing stare.

"It looks like our opportunity has already arisen" Elijah turned back around and came face to face with the witch he was eavesdropping on. "Grab the vampire, I'll get everything ready"

All of a sudden, as Elijah went to fight his way out of there, he felt a huge weight bare down on his shoulders, crippling him, sending him down to the floor. "Ahh" he helped in pain as the witch above him began to push his body forward with an invisible force, as if she were walking him like a dog.

"Ah, Elijah, I didn't expect to see you so soon" Tristan had a smug little grin on his face "didn't your mother tell you it isn't nice to eavesdrop?"

Elijah had both his palms pressed firmly on the ground, trying to fight the force pushing him down, trying not to seem vulnerable. He growled, mustering the strength to speak but he just couldn't. "What. Do. You. Want" he spoke between breaths.

"I want an end to all of these vampire deaths" Tristan spat "I knew you weren't going to do anything, but I want to put an end to Willow"

Bloodstream - Stateless