19

Willow had thrown all of her things back in her suitcase messily, far messier than the state she found them in. She was awaiting the opportunity to ask Elijah for his help putting her things away as obviously he folded them neatly and was probably far better then her. More importantly, she craved his attention.

She had never craved someone's attention so much. He did something to her that made her act completely out of character. It made her feel and act like a child, she always felt she had wide eyes when she looked at him, and her smile never dimmed.

But her opportunity would not arise, as the next thing she saw was a group come through the door, an unfamiliar group she had ever seen before. Willow set on edge, everyone she didn't know made her so paranoid it was unreal.

"Who are they?" She whispered to Elijah, not breaking gazes with the leader

"Collection service" Elijah whispered in return.

Willow edged back, as Elijah stepped in front of her "for what?" She asked, though the answer was obvious.

"You"

"We've come for the girl" a woman stepped forwards behind the group and demanded immediately.

"And who's to say you're entitled to her?" Elijah had stood fully in front of her now, shielding her from anything that would come unexpectedly.

"Haven't you heard?" She smirked, looking behind her to the group backing her up. "Tristan has a bounty on her head, the creature to bring her back, Alive, gets either a membership to the Strix or- if not vampire, anything they desire"

"So you've formed a little pick and mix" Elijah observed, as not all of them were vampires. There were around ten people, a few vampires and a few werewolves. The witches didn't bother themselves with it. The ten would outmatch three normal vampires, but then Mikaelson's weren't normal whatsoever.

Willow grabbed Elijah's hand as her breath caught in her throat. What was she going to do? She couldn't run, she needed to stay with the vampires.

But Elijah stayed in front of her even when Christopher charged head first into the group, tearing off limbs, biting, scratching, doing well for a few seconds until the others ascended upon him.

And that's when Rebekah got involved, and then Niklaus. Willow saw just splashes of red flick the walls and nausea overcame her. She also saw Elijah fidget as he saw his family fight and he couldn't do anything. "Go" willow edged him, knowing he wanted to help "I'll be fine here"

Elijah could tell that she knew. Willow could tell that Elijah was torn between his family and her, but she knew what was best for him and Willow was ready to take the risk in being completely defenceless so he could help his family. "Help them" she let go of his hand, only realising now he had clutched hers tightly back.

Willow pushed Elijah towards them, only to be intervened by a vampire who had managed to escape the scuffle. Blood had smudged over his face but his smile was almost sickly.

Elijah whipped of his jacket and knocked the head off the vampire like it was nothing. And what looked like ten creatures now turned out to be twenty, maybe thirty. They were moving to fast for Willow to count.

And then Elijah had his own personal circle of enemies to battle alone and God did Willow wish she could help him. But he seemed to be in control, until a woman knocked him flying on his back. This was the last woman to survive Elijah's wrath, and she slowly approached him as he waited for his back to heal.

Elijah couldn't move, apart from small wriggles to help the process along. "Wouldn't it be great if we brought Tristan the girl and her kidnapper"

"Over my dead body" Willow didn't know where the energy or confidence, but the sight of Elijah being utterly defenceless and his family otherwise occupied, it kicked her into gear. She related to him, when he lay there, and maybe this was her opportunity to save the day.

She ran up behind the woman, kicking her in the lower back and sending her toppling to the floor. Willow had lifted an iron pick from against the wall on her way to his rescue, and she had began to hit her in the head with it. But the vampire wasn't going down, she wasn't dying, she was just healing. Was there anything else she can do?

In all of a heated rush, Willow placed her wrist on the spike of the iron and slit her wrist. "Agh" she groaned as the stinging pain hit her, the blood started to seep out.

She didn't need to aim straight for the mouth, just bare skin. So she held her wrist against the woman's neck and heard a sizzle as the blood burnt through her skin and into her stream.

The vampire toppled over, just as Elijah's bones healed. His first wish was to speed over to the girl and make sure she was okay, but he needed to get rid of this vermin first. He crouched forward, ready to pull her heart out when Willow shouted no.

"Don't get any blood on you" she warned him "my blood is in her stream now, she's dead anyway"

Elijah stood up and walked over to her, carefully lifting her wrist in a way the blood wouldn't trickle down and infect him. "It seems very deep"

"It feels like hell" she laughed "but focus on it later, you need to help them"

Elijah turned to see the mess everyone had made. But instead of helping them, he watched strangely as each and every man and woman left standing against the Mikaelson's all grasped their heads and lowered to the ground as if something was drilling into their heads. Even a few screamed.

"I can't leave any of you for five seconds" the woman's voice complimented the echoed sound of heels walking through the compound gates.

Rebekah looked up, her blonde hair matted and entangled with clots of blood, both hers and others. She smiled "Freya"

Breathe - Fleurie