82

Willow sat amongst a few bodies of the witches she had torn apart. It was the next night and she had gone out again, hit by the overwhelming feeling lingering in her head, telling her that she was nothing, telling her that everything was her fault and that she should be dead and not everyone else.

She cried as she started rubbing her hands together with the expectation of rubbing the blood off her skin, but it only smudged and spread it more. Of course she regretted this, she didn't want to admit it but she was nothing more than a murderer.

The frost harshly bit at the uncovered parts of her body, she could almost feel herself turn blue when the warm blood froze over. She did have a handkerchief, something to clean herself up a little better, but it was what she had left of Elijah and there was no way she was dirtying that.

Willow thought, what would her life be like now? If Elijah was still here? She wouldn't be knee deep in witch bodies, she'd be happy.

"I never thought vampires went on dates" willow walked beside him down the streets of New Orleans shortly after exiting a small restaurant she never really had seen in her time here. It was small, quaint, romantic, it seemed as no electricity ran through the main part as all that light the room was candles.

And now they were outside, in the freezing winter air, where the lights shone through the thin layer of fog that blanketed the streets. They could hear a small band play tidings of comfort and joy in the distance.

"What did you think we do?" Elijah smirked as she linked her arm in his. Her remark amused him.

"I don't know; I never thought you actually dated people, I never believed twilight" Willow replied, nudging him. "You never told me weather you sparkled in the sunlight"

"Trust me, if you saw me in the sunlight, without my ring on, you would surely run" Elijah fiddled with his ring, somehow realising the weight on his finger as they spoke about it.

"Well, honestly? I was surprised when you took me out, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's taken my mind off everything" Willow was actually telling the truth, 100%, she hadn't thought about Christopher since earlier this morning.

"I thought, me and you, could be serious. We deserve a real start, a good chance. A first date" He explained, he came to a halt on the path on the side.

Willow seemed confused as to why he stopped, there was no traffic, nobody in front or behind and no reason to stop. "Well, here's to many more" she said in almost a toast form, just as she felt something cold speck on her hands.

She was positioned facing Elijah, but when she felt this cold sensation, she looked up to see the black sky, highlighted with many stars. But it wasn't that that caught her attention, it was the small flakes of snow. "You're kidding?" She laughed "on all nights, it decides to snow tonight"

She took it as a sign, just those small flakes gave her enough strength and belief to carry on without Christopher. To give herself wholly to Elijah and see where this can go. All doubts washed away as she looked in his eyes.

Elijah stared, she looked so happy and he saw a light appear when they locked gazes. How the hell did he manage to get this girl? What thing did he do well in his past lives for him to deserve her? She was out of his league, but somehow life has brought them together.

Elijah leant down, closing the gap between them, and kissed her.

Willow thought about that moment, when she was sat freezing amongst the pools of blood. She thought about how innocent they were and how innocent their love was in the beginning days. If only they knew, that in a few months she'd be sent away for years, and in a few years, she'd lose him forever.

Would she have done anything differently? If she knew? Would she have stopped him there and then? No. He was the best thing that had happened to her in forever; the thing she'd change would be to convince him to move away with her.

She stood up, exhausted from everything. Physically and mentally. Willow had a lot of things to think about, it has only been a year and a half, and she can't bare life. How will she live the rest?

Won't it be best to end it? To either just fade into darkness, or if there was an afterlife she would be with Elijah in. Either way, the pain will go.

But first she'd go home; think it over. Vaguely say goodbye.

But it seemed her mind was already made up.