74

Willow awoke, a little later than she would usually sleep. But then again, Elijah was always there to wake her up, and there was always something to do.

She reached over to the other side of the bed, thinking Elijah would be there, but she just grasped the empty sheets. Willow opened her eyes and peered over, that was strange, he wasn't there. Why wasn't he there?

She sat up, expecting a note of some sort telling her where he had gone and when he'd be back, like he would usually. But nothing was left for her, apart from a very worrying text message sent a few hours ago.

I love you, I'm sorry

"What?" She whispered to herself, working her thumbs to text him back.

Elijah, what's going on?

Willow threw her phone on the bed and quickly jumped out, undressing herself and grabbing the closest items of clothing she could find.

After lacing up her boots, she went to stride through the door. Her hands turned the doorknob and she pushed, walking straight into the door. She jiggled it again, pushing and pulling the door, making sure that it wasn't just her imagination. "Hello?" She shouted, banging on the door to make herself known. But nobody was there.

Willow picked up herself phone and dialled Elijah's number straight away, but of course, it went to voicemail. "Elijah Mikaelson, if you don't call me back in ten minutes with a good explanation of why I'm locked in my room, I will physically kill you"

"Ugh!!" Willow went over to the window, trying to lift it open and as a last resort, climb down. But Elijah was no fool, that was locked aswell, and the key had been taken. "You have got to be kidding me?"

Willow lifted a small, metal ornament from one of the shelves, she looked it up and down. This had to be some sort of ancient sculpture, knowing Elijah, it was probably a famous French artist from the 14th century, but for now, it was her escape tool.

If nobody wanted to come and get her now, the sound of shattering glass would surely make them jump to their feet. Willow smashed the window and threw the ornament back on the bed.

She was ever so careful when she manoeuvred her way out of the window, her hands grasping onto the tiniest of things to keep herself balanced and upright until she could climb onto the ivy.

Finally, Willow's feet touched the ground and she didn't waste time taking a breath, she immediately started to walk quickly to the only route she knew how to get to Tristan's.

Willow followed the back roads and finally entered the bayou, knowing that a short five minute run would take her to Elijah, and maybe more danger.

Willow tried calling Elijah again as she walked through, and again and again. This was getting worse by the second, she was completely blindfolded.

And at the worst possible time, the complete worst time she could ever think of. Her other side tried to make an appearance. There were vampires nearby, she could smell it, hear it. But this wasn't the time, not for a detour. Willow gritted her teeth and clenched her jaw as she fought through, walking and battling her other self.

"Go away" she growled, almost bowling over and trying to distract herself from the creatures in the distance. "Please just go away"

And surprisingly, for the first time in forever, Willow could actually feel the urge fade away, the anger stopped and she could feel a wave of relief. Was that really it? maybe if she was in certain situations, she would be able to control it. Right now, she wasn't sure if Elijah was safe and sound or if he was in danger, that was enough to stop it.

Well, for a few seconds at least. She had completely no control over what happens if a vampire was only centimetres away from her, in her line of vision.

"Strix?" She asked, taking a deep breath.

"Has anyone told you, you shouldn't be around these parts" one breathed, she didn't know if she should run or not. Were they going to hurt her? Were they just going to guide her back?

But with these enhanced senses bursting their way through, she could tell that nothing was as it seems and there was something they were up to. "Has anyone told you, you shouldn't be around me"

She turned around, screaming and unleashing her inner hunter, tearing the two men apart, limb from limb, even biting them to subdue them more.

Willow stood up once she was sure that the vampires had been put down for good, the sight was enough to send someone insane, blood splashed everywhere and the vampires were dismembered.

She blew her hair from her face and wiped the blood from around her mouth as she stared down in triumph.

Willow, or whatever had control of her body right now, stepped over a hand and began to walk further, still focussing on where she needed to go, somehow still connected emotionally with Elijah.

But she felt something pulling her back, like a metaphorical rope drawing her in the other direction, followed by a huge aching feeling in her bones. And all of a sudden, she heard Elijah screaming in her head, the pain and he fear was enough to thrust Willow back into full control.

She stood up and snapped her head back, changing her route completely, following the tie back to the compound.

The nobodies - Marilyn Manson