48

"Rebekah said she had checked the bayou" Willow said "so I know nobody will be there, so we'll start there" she walked down the streets of the French quarter, turning into the straight path that lead directly to part of the bayou. From then on, she'd have to guess.

"If she would have looked, wouldn't that mean that he's not there?" Bradley asked, questioning her motives and reasoning behind them. He had began to notice that her and Elijah seemed quite close, maybe too close than he likes.

"Yeah, but it doesn't harm doing a second sweep" she replied, walking a little faster than him "I know Elijah, I know what I'm looking for and these things are so intricate, even an original might miss them"

"How well, exactly do you know Elijah?" Bradley asked as he stepped into the bayou.

Willow didn't want to answer that, instead she snapped her head to the side and pretended to hear something. "Did you hear that?" She asked, walking off alone.

"Hear what?" He asked "Ash, don't leave me" Bradley practically ran after her, he didn't hear anything, but her plan worked. He stopped prying.

"It must've just been in my head" Willow sighed; even though it was fake, she felt disheartened. What if Elijah never came back? What if the last time she saw Elijah, she shouted at him. Willow ended things badly with him and she was wholly regretting it. She just wanted to hug him and apologise for her over reaction. Of course he could act like the victim, of course he could be hurt. She still had to work on forgiving him for what he did to her, but she could start.

Bradley walked beside her, his eyes darted around the bayou, his heart racing a mile a minute out of fear that they would be confronted. Obviously, he wasn't used to this thing yet.

"I- I think this is a bad idea" he said, thinking he was hearing things, like leafs crunching and twigs snapping. He felt like they were being followed. "Maybe we should get back"

"If you want to go back, the exit is that way" she pointed "I, on the other hand, am not leaving without even the smallest of evidence that he is alive"

"I know he's your family but I don't understand why you can't settle for the others looking for him" Bradley began to get a little agitated with her persistence "I mean, they're original vampires, and loads of other vampires. They're obviously going to do a better job than two humans. Mortal humans" he urged.

"Because, Brad, I'm so obsessed with getting this guy home is because-" Willow went to snap, about to tell him everything. She wasn't sure if it was lucky or not when they were both interrupted.

"You" just one man stood in front of them, dressed in a leather jacket and a black shirt "its you"

Willow stepped forward, in front of Bradley as her first instinct was to protect him at all costs.

"Exactly who, are you thinking of?" She asked, trying to be brave over her scared interior.

"You're supposed to be dead" he edged forward, tilting his head in a very calm way, which made everything ten times scarier.

"Oh yeah" willow got her answer, though it wasn't direct, she knew that this guy knew who she was. "That's me"

"How are you even alive? Everyone knows you're dead" he said again, Willow knew this man was a vampire as she could see his fangs extend and his face change as he decided his next moves.

She posted herself in a stance where she was ready to fight. It probably would be the first proper time she would get to fight a vampire that wasn't Elijah, Willow hoped she wouldn't screw it up.

"I know who'd love to see you again" he growled speeding forward and grasping her arm.

Willow groaned, trying to wriggle out of the grasp of the man. She threw her elbow back and hit the man straight in the jaw, sending him flying back.

She stood up, looking back to see if Bradley was still okay, and that he hadn't lost control of his entire bladder. But he was okay, just a little petrified.

Willow nodded at him, wanting him to run, run as fast as he could to safety and leave her to deal with this. But Bradley didn't understand that whatsoever, he just stood still, wondering if he could cut in or not.

Within the blink of an eye, Bradley had been taken into the grasps of the vampire. "You seem to care about this one, don't you? He laughed into his neck, just seconds away from biting him "would be a shame if he died, wouldn't it?"

"You dare, I will unleash a storm worse than anything you've ever imagined" she threatened, it didn't seem much, as she was only a human. But she meant it.

The man laughed once more, extending his fangs and burying them deep into Bradley's neck.

"You've got to be kidding me" she exclaimed, hitting her wrist against the rough bark of the tree and rubbing against it until she drew blood.

Whilst the vampire was occupied with draining the blood, Willow ran. She ran so fast, faster than she had ever ran before, she ran towards the man and slammed her wrist straight onto his skin.

"Maybe death is too good for you, but I'd do anything to protect the ones I love" she pushed him backwards as the vampire unattached himself from Bradley's neck.

Bradley fell to his knees, his hand reaching to his neck to feel how much he was bleeding, it wasn't a lot, but it was substantial enough to cover his hands.

"Come on" Willow pulled him up as she kept staring at the vampire writhing in pain "let's get you home"

Lost it All - Jill Andrews