26

"No"

Willow's eyes scanned over the coffin, she couldn't blink, she could barely speak.

Christopher looked different, his skin wasn't full of colour like she had always seen it, instead it was grey. He was dead.

"What? No" Willow began to shake her head gently, escalating quickly and in a few seconds she was shaking violently. She reached over and grasped Christopher's shirt "this isn't happening, this can't be happening, wake up, Chris, wake up"

It was completely nauseating. Seeing him in that state. "Willow" Elijah didn't know how she would have reacted, but he did not have his bet on completely breaking down like this. He snaked his arm around her and tried to pull her back. "Willow" he repeated.

"This isn't real, I saw him yesterday, and he was alive, he was smiling and laughing and having fun. We were having fun, he was talking to me" she cried, as Elijah pulled her away, her cries swiftly turned to laughter, something that would really confuse someone. "Is this a joke?" She asked in the silence "this is some sort of sick joke, isn't it?"

Elijah shook his head no "I wish it was" he said simply.

"Can't you do something?" She asked "feed him your blood, or do something to bring him back like you did before. Vampires can't die, how is he dead?!"

"My blood won't work on vampires, he's already dead, it's all out of my control" Elijah said quietly. He really wanted to do something, he wished that there was something he can do for Christopher. But the only thing he could, was take care of Willow.

"This isn't happening" started to breathe deeply, pacing a small length of the room they were in "oh my god, this isn't happening"

It was her worst fear. Her nightmare becoming a reality. This was the man that saved her when she was a baby, found her a loving home, visited her with gifts and took her out on days away when he came. This was the man who always had seemed so full of life, someone that Willow always looked up to. Now, lying in a coffin, without a word, without a movement, looking completely different.

Elijah brought her into a hug, but Willow was too stunned to even move her arms to hug him back. She was too busy staring at Christopher. "I loved him, and he's gone" she said quietly

"But you are not alone, you hear me?" Elijah made her look at him as he became even more serious "don't you ever think you have to go through any of this by yourself, I am not going to let you go through it alone, okay?"

Willow silently nodded her head. Her body felt light and her chest felt tight, it was obvious to see that his heart had been ripped out from his chest. She wondered if it hurt.

"My dream was real then" she realised "it sounded like he was saying goodbye, I didn't take any notice of it"

Her vision focussed on him once again, the vampire lying still and cold in the coffin.

The fog blocked Christopher's sight. She was right there, where did she go?

"Willow?!" He Shouted aggressively, pushing past screeching wolves who were burning from the inside. "Willow"

Christopher huffed, this wasn't any coincidence , Tristan had sprung an attack on the wolves in order to take Willow from him. there was nothing he could do, he could barely see past the thick fog that draped around the trees and covered everything like a heavy blanket. This wasn't happening, this couldn't be happening.

Christopher realised that something was terribly wrong when he went to walk forward and saw a wolf get taken down by someone he saw to be a vampire. "Willow" He began to panic more and more, as he saw more and more wolves fall by the hands of the Strix. He needed to find her before anyone else did.

Right before him, a wolf was knocked down by a vampire, but Christopher couldn't do anything, there were too many of them, and he was only one vampire. Christopher turned his head to the side, he couldn't watch. The blood from the now dead wolf splattered up against his suit and caught some skin on his neck.

He stepped backwards, turning to run further. The mix of screams he heard did not include that of Willow, where the hell was she? Had she already been taken?

"Where is she?" As Christopher stopped to gather his thoughts, he heard the ever so familiar voice of Tristan. By the sound of his voice, Christopher knew he hadn't yet gotten to her, she was running around the bayou, probably scared, probably alone.

Christopher smirked "Maybe she's amongst the bodies that you have created, your vampires are ever so careless" He said, hoping it wasn't true.

Tristan twitched, his eyes bored into the back of Christopher's head. For some reason, this vampire was not turning around to look at him. "Where is she?" he asked once more "I know you know, and I am not leaving with out an answer, and choose wisely, if I find out you will be punished as I see fit"

"I'd rather die than let you get her" Christopher said, feeling a sharp pain in his back as Tristan sped forward and plunged his hand into Christopher's body, keeping a firm grasp on the beating heart.

"That could be arranged" Tristan threatened "Tell. Me"

Christopher laughed, the mix between whatever they had put in this fog and the pain of Tristan's hand created a separate world for Christopher, some hallucinations that nobody else could see, it put him in a daze.

"It's okay, Christopher" He could see four figures in the distance, the screaming of the wolves died down and turned into a tinnitus silence. The four walked forwards in synchronisation, the first woman's voice calmed him. "You can let go"

The vampire's body convulsed with the pain of Tristan squeezing his heart, the pain was too much. Yet, with his blurred vision, he could make out the four now reassuring him. Willow's parents, and Willow's carers, his friends that had fallen at the hands of Tristan. They were there, though a figment of his imagination, they only amplified what Christopher wanted to hear in this situation.

"It's your time" Willow's aunt told him.

"I'm not done" Chris tried to argue, shaking his head "I'm not done yet"

The vision of Willow's mother placed her hand on Christopher's, he was shaking, he was scared. "She's safe, Christopher" She reassured "You're done, you've done what you needed to. She won't be alone anymore"

Christopher shut his eyes and allowed a tear to run down his cheek, it had felt like hours he had stood there, subject to whatever Tristan wanted to do. But in reality, it had only been seconds.

"Your decision?" Tristan asked him after the moments of silence.

"Go to hell" Christopher spat, thinking the best way to go would be protecting the girl he had always protected.

Tristan tore his hand from his chest, along with it, Christopher's heart. Causing the vampire to drop to his knees and then onto the floor, beneath the fog.

Don't Fear the Reaper - Denmark and Winter