35

"She's still asleep" Rebekah walked into where Elijah had sat alone, he was thinking to himself, but he couldn't make any rash decisions without consulting someone else first. He didn't want to sound stupid.

"It's only been three hours" Elijah glanced at his watch and calculated the exact time, it had been three hours, 36 minutes and 22 seconds, still counting. But he didn't want to say that out loud. "She needs her rest"

"Poor thing has been through a lot" Rebekah sat opposite Elijah and recounted the events.

"She's human" Elijah clenched his jaw as he thought out loud "I don't want her to feel like she is in a position that the only way out is to almost kill herself"

"Well; she's in a hotspot for supernatural activity and she lives with the number one most famous and hated families" Rebekah listed "as well as the world knowing of that little aspect in her blood that could send the world into a frenzy"

"It's like, to keep her safe, she'd need to disappear" Elijah confirmed what he had been thinking for the past... 3 hours, 40 minutes and 53 seconds and counting.

"It can't come to that, everybody knows who she is, she'll never live a normal life. This is it for her. Tristan will stop at nothing to get what he wants and he wants her" Rebekah tried to snap her brother out of the fantasy of giving Willow a normal life.

"I snapped Tristan's neck before he could see what happened next" Elijah bit the end of his thumb and looked towards the desk. "We could keep her hidden until she fully recovers and then I could get her out of here"

Rebekah laughed "the girl's stubborn, you could fly her halfway across the world but she'd always come back here, she'd always come back to you"

"And she'd get herself killed" Elijah finished "I've seen this happen time and time again and it never ends well. I just want to cut that part out and if it means wiping all memories of us, of me, out of her head then I will try it"

"Elijah don't be so stupid" Rebekah couldn't believe what he was saying.

"I'd prefer to live without her knowing she was safe, rather than live without her knowing she had died" Elijah admitted to her "wouldn't you? If you truly love someone, would you risk a few moments of happiness for a lifetime of knowing they could live a normal life? Or would you selfishly take them, indulge yourself on them for a second, and then blink, and in that time you took to step back, when you step back in, you're lowering them into the ground"

Rebekah shut up. She had always selfishly taken the moments for herself and look where it ended up, she was alone.

"If Tristan is under the impression that she's dead, this might be the only chance we can get to get her out of here" Elijah urged "we can do this, I just need someone to tell me this is the right thing. I can't do this alone"

Rebekah rested her hand on her brother's. "If you want to take this opportunity, this chance, to give her something she would never be able to have; then I'm one hundred percent behind you." She told him "but you're on your own when you break the news to her"

"Id need your help, first, just so we can get something in line. Just a town name or something she could go to, I could sort out the rest" Elijah asked

Rebekah knew a few places that she could go to, small towns in strange places that nobody would look. She'd planned an escape for a while, but since making peace with Niklaus, she never needed the route.

"I have a small apartment in Beaufort, South Carolina" she suggested "small town, could probably go unnoticed, under the radar. I visited there on my travels a few years ago"

"How come I've never heard of this place?" Elijah asked on a side note

"Niklaus issues, not needed now, it's perfectly fine, I have a maid that goes in there and cleans it once in a while in case I need to escape" she smiled

This was a big decision. Everything was sorted so quickly, it didn't even give Elijah time to even doubt himself. He felt a little nauseous and heartbroken, but he guessed it was for the best.

Both of them were snapped out of their conversation as they heard the shower a few doors down. Both guys had been compelled to forget and sent home, so it meant that Willow had awoken.

Elijah stood, he wanted to be there for when she got out; he wanted to tell her before he changed his mind.

"Elijah" Rebekah caught him as he went to walk to the door. He turned around to her, a look on his face asking her not to stop him, she knew what would happen if Elijah stopped to think this through. "Are you sure?"

Those three words killed him. He shouldn't have to make these decisions, why does he torture himself so much? But then he had flashbacks, hearing her scream and seeing her writhe in pain. What would happen if she died? Or worse, what would happen if she were to be turned into a vampire?

No. this couldn't go on anymore.

"I'm sure" he nodded and swiftly exited the room.

Afire Love - Ed Sheeran