60

Midnight. The clock struck midnight and Elijah found himself out of his room and walking down the stairs. He needed to distract himself; take his mind off everything that had just happened. Or he'd do something completely out of character.

He saw Bradley, sat down and just staring ahead. If he weren't breathing, Elijah would have thought he had died. But he was, and every so often his body twitched.

They were enemies, kind of, but at this particular moment in time, they were in the same boat. So, Elijah, trying to search for the support he needed, thought that maybe he'd be useful in supporting another aswell.

He sat down besides Bradley, seeing under his eyes were raw red, like he had been rubbing them. Elijah couldn't tell if he was upset or angry.

"It's not fair" Bradley spoke through his teeth "how could she do this to me?"

Elijah replied with a sigh, he shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. He didn't know either, so he wasn't in the position to answer.

"This is because of you" Bradley concluded "if you hadn't come in and whisked her away, then we'd still be getting married, she'd still be Ashley, the girl I know"

"She was in danger" Elijah immediately put his guard up as soon as he was the one being blamed. Maybe if he hadn't have asked her to choose, then he'd still be engaged.

"And when this is over?" Bradley asked "what then? I leave and you both go and live out this fantasy of a life you thought you'd have?"

"Excuse me?" Elijah tilted his head. How come in such a short amount of time, an act of niceness has turned on him.

"You weren't there" he repeated the words that Willow had previously said "you weren't there for her so why should she still love you? Where were you when we were planning our future? Where were you when I had to take her to therapy to help her mind, where were you when I had her crying to me on the phone in the middle of the night?" Bradley carried on, asking the questions, remembering vividly each moment in time where Elijah should have been, if he truly loved her.

"Where were you when she was in the hospital, when the doctor was telling us that the child we were going to have had mysteriously died?" Bradley revealed, crying at the sound of that sentence.

Elijah held his breath. They were truly going to start a family together, they were really going to do it. He hated the idea of her and him together, he despised it.

"You can't pro create, right? Vampires can't breed like humans can" Bradley asked "you can't give her children, you can't give her a life that's safe and secure, away from any supernatural being"

"Willow never wanted children" Elijah said, he recalled one time she said it, amongst saying she didn't want a normal life.

"Well, by the look on her face, the amount she cried when we were told our baby had died, you would actually believe that she did want them" Bradley continued, knowing how much this was hurting Elijah. Knowing he could exploit his caring nature. "You care for her, right?"

More than anything in the entire world. In fact, she was his entire world. Elijah nodded "understatement of the year" he commented, throwing out his resolution to be nice to this pig.

"Then, when this is over, tell her to leave with me. I can give her the world, I can give her what she wants, what she deserves." He demanded "I don't care how you do it, if you're mean to her and drive her away, if she just listens to you, or if you have to compel her like you had done before. She will leave with me"

"Are you trying to threaten me?" Elijah asked

"Take It how you will, but I know you want the best for the girl, as do I" Bradley continued his thought out plan, he had it there soon after she had left him. He played with the ring she had given back, sliding it onto each tip of the finger "And that's me, I'm the best for her and you can't deny it. And I don't care, if you can kill me, I don't have the powers like you do. But she will find out if you do, in any way harm me. And she will never forgive you"

"I'll give her a few days; to come to her senses. If not, then it's completely up to you if you wish to destroy her life or not"

Bradley stood up "think about it"

Like A Funeral - Erik Jonasson