10

"They practically jumped me out of nowhere" Christopher spoke of it as it was completely nothing at all "one tried to inject me with vervain, silly fool should have known better" he raised his elbow and pointed to where he was stabbed with the needle.

Willow was sat beside him listening intently to his stories like she did when she was a child, only this time it wasn't full of wonder, this time it was full of fear. "And it was Tristan who sent them?"

Christopher nodded his head.

"Of course it was" Willow kicked herself "you're practically top of the list because of me, I don't even know why you all go through this. To keep me safe? Take my blood and send me off on my own, you don't need anymore torment"

"Willow, don't be so dramatic" Christopher pulled her in to a hug, he knew she would be worried. He was worried too, for he knew willow could not protect herself as well as he could, Christopher felt a wave of relief when he saw her sat down. "I've protected you for all of your life, why does this time differ? Anyway, this time I have backup"

Rebekah smiled down at her old former flame "you're always seeming to bounce back" she said with a smile on her face.

"Tristan sent the weakest of his men" Christopher now tried showing off "frankly, I'm very offended I didn't get stronger men"

Show off. Willow huffed and tried not to laugh, from what she's learnt with spending time with him, she always knew never to laugh at him because his head will get bigger. But Rebekah laughed, and willow could see his head expand by the second. But it made her happy, Christopher had always been a lone eagle, he never had anyone, She could see the spark between them.

"But yes, we all need to be prepared now, The men Tristan are sending are bound to get stronger, and we all know the Strix are the strongest cult of them all" Christopher turned onto a serious note for a moment "maybe he was only sending a message?"

"Yeah, beware. Blink and you're dead" Willow didn't realise she said it aloud, she was staring her head and biting on her thumbnail when she came out with the comment. She was outspoken, but when she knew things were serious, she preferred to keep quiet, that's why she was so confused as to why she said it.

Christopher leant over and put his hand on her knee "I want you to feel as safe as possible Wills, and I don't want you to feel a burden" he urged "that's why I want us all to take it in turns staying with you, you're never going to be alone, unless you need some privacy, then of course, you can"

"No offence" she said, looking at them all apologetically before she said what she thought "but I honestly don't know these people, they don't know me, having them beside be twenty-four hours a day is going to be a little strange"

Christopher knew these people for most of his life, he can't even remember the feeling of seeing them as strangers. He didn't want to push her onto them, but These were the only people Chris trusted, and he couldn't be around Willow every single moment as he had to go out and fight himself. He couldn't leave her with Marcel's vampires nor Marcel as he is tied to the Strix now. It was the only way.

"You will get to know them, I promise" he re assured her "these are nice people, Wills"

She forced a smile, it was obvious, but when could you actually smile in this sort of situation. "Okay" she sighed "if it's going to help you, then okay"

"I'm glad you're doing this" Chris smiled at her "you're very brave"

"I don't really have a choice in the matter, either I stay here and help you, or go back to an empty home and live with knowing you and your family are going to die" Willow had been subject to mood swings, it was a matter of having to accept it and just let her get on with it, it only showed that she was scared. She lashes out in ways, trying to mask her fear for annoyance.

"You're my family too" Christopher urged, he knew what she was doing. "You know that" the only way to stop her was to be stern back "don't do this, not now"

"Don't do what?" She asked.

"Lash out at everyone trying to help you..." Christopher had to ignore the fact that the entire Mikaelson family was watching them "I'm scared too Wills, because either way if you stay or go, you're still going to be in trouble, why are you so against being here all of a sudden? What do you want?"

It was true, her mind switched instantaneously, it was truly because she dreamt of her old family last night, her Aunt and her Uncle, who she now knew to be dead. And it upset her, she could forget if she got distracted, the outing with Christopher made the perfect one. But it faded quickly.

"I'm sorry if I feel whoever I get attached to dies" she snapped back, standing up and trying to keep herself from crying "maybe all that I want is a hug from my Aunt, or to hear my Uncle tell me everything is going to be okay, or to actually know my true parents. But the only thing possible right now, I just want to be alone"

Her voice cracked on the last word. Her tears breaking through as soon as she turned around and walked up to her room.

Christopher was left feeling rather guilty, it always ended like that, their little arguments. Though they weren't frequent, each one ended like that, he'd go up later on and apologise for what he did, and so would she. "Don't worry" he told the silent family "she'll feel better soon, give her some time and I'll go up and talk to her"

"She isn't having doubts about helping us, is she?" Rebekah asked

"No, she's just overwhelmed. Willow's already agreed to it, she never ever goes back on promises. Even if it is to strangers" he said "just think, she's a girl that's lived a sheltered life, now experiencing the real world for the first time. And all guns are aimed at her, she's bound to lash out in some way. But she'll be okay, she just needs time" he fought her corner.

"Poor soul" Rebekah did feel for the girl, as she once was in a similar situation, though it was amplified during Rebekah's time. She still knew what it was like to be out of the comfort zone.

"But we shall make the time count, I am going to get changed and look for any suspicious behaviour" Christopher got up "do I have anyone who wants to accompany me?"

Rebekah subdued a cheesy grin "that sounds interesting" she said "I'll come with you"

Mad World - Gary Jules