51

Awkward. There couldn't have been a better use for the word Awkward. Willow had re-evaluated all times in her life where she would describe it as awkward, and all seemed nothing compared to this. Well- apart from introducing your future fiancé to your ex boyfriend, and all the details in between.

Rebekah had insisted on a family dinner to celebrate the return of the eldest brother. And on the small table of six sat Klaus at the head; Willow to the left, then Bradley- who pushed his way to sit beside her, and then Rebekah at the bottom, with Freya and Elijah filling up the last two seats.

Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if Bradley hadn't of invited himself. Willow couldn't help look at Elijah, who was sat opposite her, realising that every time Bradley turned his attention somewhere else, he was receiving death stares.

Willow felt like kicking Elijah under the table, but then again, she didn't blame him. If Bradley weren't there, they'd actually be having a good time. But the elephant took up the whole room, Bradley finally getting the idea that Elijah and Willow might have been an item, and realising there might still be that spark there. Not to mention the intense jealousy between the vampire and the human man, they were silently battling for Willow's affections.

Everything was silent. The only sounds that were heard was the scraping of silver cutlery against the plates, and the sound of the glasses hitting the table every time somebody wanted to take a drink.

Rebekah cleared her throat after sipping at her water for the tenth time this evening. Her mind ticking to try and find something to talk about that wasn't Willow or the witches.

Wonderful weather we're having? No, when somebody said that, the evening was truly over and everyone might as well just leave before the talk gets even smaller.

Meanwhile, as everyone was stuck in their own little fantasy worlds, Willow was battling with something herself. This pain had gotten a hell of a lot worse within minutes, and it was getting worse by the second. She clenched her cutlery, her fork in one hand and knife in the other, to try and subdue the pain.

"You all seem so quiet tonight" Rebekah settled on pointing out what was completely obvious, Elijah was surprised she didn't just bring this whole Elijah/Bradley situation up.

"Is this evening not going as you had planned, dear sister?" Klaus took enjoyment out of everything, Rebekah's failure to plan a perfect dinner. He smirked mischievously.

"No, it's going delightfully" Rebekah was always really good at lying, but even Bradley knew that that was a downright lie "it's just a little quieter than I was expecting"

It sparked a conversation, mainly between Rebekah and Niklaus, but it gave everyone something to follow instead of just staring down at their plates.

Apart from Willow, who tried her best to keep her twitches under wraps. It hurt so badly, the pain had spread to every single nerve in her body. It even hurt to hear them speak.

It was when Niklaus was speaking when Willow felt nothing but a fiery rage inside of her. Nothing she'd ever felt before, it was impossible for a human to feel this amount of rage to the extent it physically hurt.

"... isn't that right Willow?" She zoned in just in time for Klaus to bring her into the conversation. But when her head shot up to look at him, Klaus saw her pupils had swallowed the colour in her eyes, all he could see was black.

Willow clenched her fork tighter and stabbed it straight into Klaus' hand. She kicked her hair backwards and took the hybrid by the neck, pinning him up against the wall.

Her strength was unnatural, not for Willow, not for a human being. Klaus could barely move. "Willow" he tried bargaining, but by the looks of her face, she wasn't in the mood to be listening.

Blood trickled from Klaus' hand onto hers before it fully healed. But she still had a firm grip, her mind calculating the best way to subdue him.

Rebekah jumped to the side of them "what the bloody hell do you think you're doing?" She asked. Well, she did want to add a little more life to the evening.

Willow, whose hand still had Klaus against the wall, slightly turned and kicked Rebekah out of the way with an ultimate force. It sent her flying back into the wall, knocking off paintings that had been centuries old.

"Willow" Elijah took it upon himself to stop her now, expecting it to go exactly the same way as Rebekah's did.

He took Willow's shoulder and pulled her away, she snapped her head to the side, ready to attack and defend herself from him. But as soon as she saw it was Elijah infront of her, stopping her, she shut her eyes and he could see her regaining the colour again when she opened.

Willow looked at Rebekah on the floor, then to Niklaus and then to her hand, which had Klaus' blood on.

With a scared expression she looked up. What the hell just happened?

And why didn't she attack Elijah?

We Want War - These New Puritans