18

"Are they back yet?" Willow had been forced to go to bed last night and she went to sleep worrying. She woke up quite early and hung around the compound, bored out of her mind "have they even called?"

She had positioned herself strangely on the sofa, her feet in the air and her head hanging off, Willow kicked her feet as she asked Rebekah.

Rebekah walked back into the room, pressing the red button on her phone "yes, they're just around the corner" she informed her, Rebekah slid the phone back into the pocket of her jeans "so much for ringing me when they were getting back"

"But they're safe" Willow spun around so she was sitting properly on the chair, she just wanted to clarify.

"Yes, Christopher phoned me and he said he was safe" Rebekah chose her words carefully, just to see Willow's reaction.

"and Elijah?" She asked "did he say anything about him? Did you hear him?" Willow quizzed, realising Rebekah only reported on Christopher's welfare.

Rebekah smirked "Elijah's okay too" she replied, sitting down. It was the reaction she had expected from her; Christopher informed her on the situation between the two, Elijah and Willow. He explained Elijah's reactions to Willow's name and that they might have a budding romance on their hands.

"I'm gonna punch both of them when they get back" Willow folded her arms and huffed "I mean, what did they actually have to do that's so important? Not telling any of us?"

"I guess we're going to find out" Rebekah heard the car door shut outside of the compound and the footsteps of the two men walk towards them. She even heard the creak of their leather shoes.

Willow turned her head back to the gates and saw them walk in like nothing had happened. Elijah carried a dark suitcase and Christopher strode up with a smile on his face.

Willow stood up and stormed over to them, clenching her fist and posing in a stance where it was obvious what she was about to do "right, both of you line up, you're both getting punched" she demanded.

Christopher laughed and brushed her off like it was nothing "don't be over-dramatic Willow" he said

"I have been worried sick about both of you!" She urged "you didn't even tell me you were going anywhere, I had to learn from Rebekah! None of you even answered my calls or texts"

Her gaze changed from Chris to Elijah "and I expected so much better from you!"'she pointed "come and get your punch"

Elijah wasn't sure if it was in his character to entertain such foolery, he actually did find it quite funny. It was how she scowled at him when he looked at her, but he knew that they'd get along at the end of the day. He sighed and walked forward, motioning to go past her, but he walked slowly; giving her ample opportunity to hit him.

It wasn't a particularly hard punch, he knew she could have done better. "That's for disappearing" she said, folding her arms in a huff. It seemed like this human had been more concerned about his welfare and whereabouts than his sister. But Rebekah knew Elijah wouldn't do anything stupid. "Where on Earth did you two go?"

"We went to Georgia" Christopher didn't even bother getting her ready for it, he dropped the information like a bomb. Willow stopped in her tracks and took one step back, trying to swallow the lump immediately caught in her throat. "To get this"

Elijah pushed the suitcase forward and let go, allowing Willow to take a step back and look at it with an obvious confusion. She shrugged, as if to say what do you want me to do with this. "A suitcase" she said, unimpressed "you travelled all the way to Georgia for a suitcase? You all best hope it does some magical stuff or else you're in for it"

"Open it" Elijah nodded towards it.

Willow knelt down, her eyes darting from vampire to vampire as she unzipped the case. A strange expression on her face, she didn't trust them, she was afraid to see what they'd done. Even part of her thought she was about to see a dead body or something.

She squinted her eyes and pulled her head back as she dared to look inside. The outcome was much lighter hearted and more surprising. It comes to something where a bunch of clothes in a suitcase surprises you more than a dead body being in there.

Willow immediately recognised the contents. Piece by piece she pulled out the clothes and looked at them before carrying on. "You're kidding me?!" She asked, smiling widely like Elijah had seen on the photos before "you're actually kidding me?"

It came to the point where there was a pile of clothes on the floor. Willow picked out a pink cardigan and held it to her chest. "You both did this for me?" Willow looked at them "I thought these things would have been long gone"

"I'd like to take all of the credit for it, I really would..." Christopher sighed, shrugging his shoulders "and I wish I had the idea first, but I only drove, it was Elijah who suggested it"

Elijah didn't really want all of the praise for it, he didn't want the attention from it or whatever backlashes from it.

Willow stood to her feet, brushing off some dust that had landed on her jeans. She cautiously walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. It was the kind of hug he'd seen her give Christopher from time to time, something he wish he'd have. Willow was stood on her tiptoes as she squoze him, she felt his hand hold her lower back and her heart stop.

Calm down she told herself he can hear everything

Willow let go and gave him an awkward smile "thank you" she said "it really does mean a lot"

"It is only small but I hope it makes your day brighter" he replied sensibly, knowing there were eyes on him at all times.

Willow turned back and looked at the mess she had made, but it was all of her things. "It really did"

Death Dream - Frightened Rabbit