NINETY FIVE- Mad

READ MY BOOK "CONNECT" FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY FW IT, I'M UPDATING TONIGHT.

"We're fighting this war, but baby both of us are losing." - Neyo

REIGN

I can't believe I told my dad what happened between Jah and I but I'm glad I did. It's like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I live day to day like nothing happened to me but when I'm all alone it eats me up inside.

We've been home for a couple of hours. My dad really hasn't said too much. He's just sitting in the kitchen smoking weed and waiting for my mom to come home. I feel bad because my dad looks so hurt even though I know he's trying to be strong for me.

I walk in the kitchen. "Daddy, are you mad at me? Be honest." I say. "I ain't mad at you but I am disappointed cause I constantly warned you but you didn't listen. But I can't be mad at you, Reign. I just wish you would've listened to me." he answers.

I swallow hard then nod my head. He stands up as my mom walks in here. She drops her purse on the counter. "Hey baby." she greets me, hugging me. She looks like something is bothering her really bad. My dad wraps his arms around her, holding her close to him. Moments like this make me wish they were still together.

"What's wrong with you?" she asks. "Nothing, Jessica, I'm straight." he lies. I'm sure he's not gonna tell her because it will hurt her more than it hurt him. She's been raped before and she always said she never wanted me to have to go through that and that it would kill her inside.

"Mhmm." she says, checking her phone. "Can you stop texting yo bitch ass boyfriend for one fucking second, Jessica? Damn!" my dad snaps on her. Boyfriend? I awkwardly look away from them. This is weird.

"Who you hollering at? Move on. I ain't stopping you from finding you somebody, Ant. I've moved on and I'm fucking happy!" she snaps on him. My eyes slightly widen. That isn't what I wanted to hear but I can't blame her. He has done her dirty in the past.

"You know what, I'm at the fuck it point. I'm moving the fuck on with my life. I tried and tried with you bruh... tried to show you I'm real about this shit but you wanna go to that other nigga. And even after that I sat there still willing to be yours mane fuck this bullshit. What's the point in chasing you when it's other women who'll love me and who'll treat our kids right? It's more to life than your indecisive ass, mane fuck this stupid ass shit!" he goes off. I have never seen my dad so serious before. I guess they're done.

She smiles at a text in her phone then looks at my dad. "I've been telling you to do that... about time you finally got some sense. I ain't coming back to you dude, damn. Go fall in love with somebody who want your ass." she says. I look down. Damn, she has no filter right now.

He nods his head. "I don't wanna hear your mouth either. Do you." he says, then walks out of the kitchen. I look at my mom. "Are you really done?" I ask. "Yes. Nobody ever taught me how to love or be loved, Reign. So, I just sat back and took all your daddy's shit all these years. It took me damn near twenty one years to realize I'm worth more than that and that that isn't love. I know that's your daddy but I just can't put myself through that no more." she explains.

"Well who is your boyfriend?" I ask. "His name is Kareem. I'm not ready for y'all to meet him yet but eventually you will." she answers. "Daddy must've met him?" I ask. She rolls her eyes then nods her head yes.

"Anyways, what the hell happened with Presley and Drew? Vonte wouldn't tell me shit." she says. "I didn't know Drew sells drugs but I found out cause Presley was snooping in his room. He hid the drugs under his bed and Drew caught him in his room. Presley pointed Drew's  gun at him so Drew beat the mess out of him. Then when Presley stormed out, dad went to talk to him. A little after dad came back, a lot of police officers pulled up to the house. My dad ended up convincing them to let him pay them off but they were coming to arrest Drew for the drugs, meaning Presley called the police out of spite." I explain.