Two Months

Twoweeks later the twins had an appointment with their pediatrician fortheir two month check up. Megan and Joseph got up at 10am and Meganfed Haley then Joseph took her and gave her a bath while Megan fedChristian. When Joseph was done with Haley's bath he took her to herroom to get her dressed. When Megan was done feeding Christian, shegave him his bath and dressed him. Once they were dressed, they putthe twin in their swings and took their shower then got dressed.Joseph got the diaper bags packed while Megan put her makeup on thenJoseph helped her with her hair. They ate lunch then put the twins intheir car seats and put them in the car.

Whenthey got to the doctor's office, they put the car seats on thestroller and went in. They signed in and waited to be called. Theywere put into a room and asked to remove the twins' clothes. When thedoctor came in she said hello and asked, "How has everythingbeen going?" "Good. They are sleeping about six hours anight and are more alert during the day. When we put them down fortummy time, they can now turn their heads from side to side. Theyaren't holding their heads up completely on their own yet but I readthat's normal" Megan said. "Well, it sounds like they areat normal development for an average two month old. It's like theywere born at their due date. Okay, let's check them out, I'll startwith Haley" said Dr. Smith.

Meganput Haley on the exam table, standing at her head. The doctor checkedher lungs, heart, ears, mouth, nose and reflexes then weighed her.When she was done, Megan picked Haley up and switched places withJoseph. Dr. Smith checked Christian out and said, "Well theyboth are really healthy and are doing well. I do have to give themshots today. They will each get four shots." She reached overand grabbed the four syringes and set up the band-aids. She said,"They will have a little discomfort tonight and will probably befussy. If they develop a fever or seem like they're in pain give themeither baby Tylenol or baby Ibuprofen. You should probably feed themas soon as I'm done." Joseph said, "Okay."

Shegave Christian the first shot and he started crying. Joseph strokedhis head and talked to him trying to calm him. She put on theband-aid and did the next three shots. As soon as the last band-aidwas on, Joseph picked him up and switched with Megan. Joseph tookHaley for her shots while Megan rocked Christian then got him dressedand got the bottle. Megan fed Christian and when the doctor was donewith Haley, Joseph got her dressed then got her bottle. Joseph pushedthe stroller out to the waiting room and they sat down to finishfeeding them. When they were done eating they put the twins back intheir car seats. They went outside and put them in the car.

Theyhad to go to the store so they went to Winn-Dixie, put the twins intheir front packs and went in. They did their shopping and went home.They took the twins inside and unloaded the car. Megan went and tookthe twins out of their car seats and put them on their activity matsin the living room while Joseph put away the groceries. When he wasdone with the groceries he went over to the twins and got on thefloor with them and Megan. They played for a while then got up andsat with them on the bed. Megan had Haley and Joseph had Christian.They were sitting side by side with the twins in front of them. Meganstarted playing peek-a-boo with Haley. After a few times, Haley musthave thought it was funny because she smiled. Megan and Joseph wereboth looking at the time. Megan started tearing up. Megan said, "Shejust smiled, Baby. Did you see it?" "Yes. I saw it"Joseph said then started talking to her and she smiled again.

Theylaid the twins side by side and they both talked to them. Haleysmiled a lot. After about half an hour, the twins started to fuss.Megan and Joseph took the twins to their room and got the boppypillow then Megan sat in the rocker. She put the pillow around herand pulled her shirt up. Joseph handed her both twins and went tostart dinner. She fed both twins and they fell asleep. When she wasdone she put Haley in the bassinet then changed Christian's diaperand swaddled him. She put Christian in the bassinet and changed andswaddled Haley. Then she put Haley back in the bassinet and turned onthe monitor. She went out to the kitchen right as Joseph was puttingdinner on the table. It was 6pm when they finished eating.