Chapter 1: Awkward Encounters

Rose's POV:

I tucked a loose strand if my shiny brown locks behind my ear.

"3-47-2" I mutter to myself once more, hoping, even praying that I can open my locker this time.

Relieved, I let out the breath I was unknowingly holding in and jammed the previous class' books I didn't need in my , what elementary schoolers would call, "cubby". I spun around on my heels, hearing a high-pitch squeaking sound as my shoes rubbed against the tiling below.

As I'm making my way to my 8th period class, my last class of the day, I accidentally bumped shoulders with a fellow classmate. My immediate reaction was to apologize.

"Oh my goodness.. I'm so sorry." I automatically blurt out, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"It's no problem. Don't worry about it!" A small chuckle followed the reassuring statement.

I knew that voice,

I knew that accent...

Niall. James. Horan.

My mind was being overfilled with tons of questions.

What do I say?

Do I just walk away?

What in the world do I do?

I swallowed the building saliva in my mouth and looked at the popstar in the eyes, his gorgeous blue eyes.

"I gotta go." I rambled quickly and with those three simple words, I left. My cheeks, for sure, were a bright shade of red, most likely visible from miles and miles away. I took a deep breath, trying to recover from my little encounter with him. I continued my short journey to my next class.

Those eyes..

Those beautiful, shiny, and dreamy blue orbs that reminded me of childhood memories at the shore.

And those were all I could think of during 8th period..