Chapter 10: Help

Rose's POV:

I went to sleep last night for the second time before I could know what Niall wanted to tell me.

I yawned as I stretched when I woke up, checking the time on my phone.

'9:29'

I scrolled through my notifications.

Instagram: nothing

Twitter: 2 follows

Texts: message from: Nialll(:

Email: coupons and advertisements

Wait..

I scrolled back up my screen.

'New message from: Nialll(:'

This is it.

It's what he had to tell me last night.

but I couldn't read it because I fell asleep.

At first, I'm debating whether or not I should open it. The worst it could be would be that he hates me and doesn't want to talk to me ever again. I worked out a pros and cons list to help me figure out what I should do. There were more pros than cons so I slid the little green icon across the screen slowly, letting the messaging app pop up and me and Niall's conversation visible.

From Nialll(: :

I think I like you.. More than a friend ..

My breath hitched as I reread every word.

I like you.. More than a friend ..

My mind boggled and I slapped myself , trying to find out if I was dreaming.

I wasn't dreaming.

My eyes widened. My face grew red. What should I do? I thought.

I could tell him I liked him back, or I

could just ignore him. I wanted a relationship, but I didn't. I was having a mental game of tug-o-war between what I should say. Before I could come up with a decision, my phone vibrated, notifying me I got another text.

From: Nialll(: :

I'm sorry.. I shouldn't of said that..

I immediately tapped all kinds of buttons, typing a reply for Niall.

To: Nialll(: :

Why be sorry?

He didn't have to apologize for anything. Seconds pass and then I get another buzz of my iPhone.

From: Nialll(: :

because you probably don't like me back..

I shook my head disgracefully at his message. Of course I like him.

My fingers flew across the screen and soon enough, my next message was sent.

To: Nialll(: :

Did you ask me?

I impatiently waited for the next vibration to go off, causing the awful sound it makes when it rubs against the wood of my side table.

I took my phone in my hand and walked down the steps with it.

"Now what can I eat for breakfast?" I pondered, searching through the cabinets for the perfect morning meal.

"Aha! Lucky charms it is!" I announced to no one in particular. Both my parents were on vacation so I had a house to myself, which also meant I had all the food to myself.

As I was shoveling the first spoonful of cereal in my mouth, I heard a buzz and I knew it was a text from Niall.

From: Nialll(: :

Well... um.. do you like me back?

I thought for a moment.

I like him back, I knew that for a fact.

but do I want to start a relationship with him?

I pressed the home button on my phone and clicked on a name that was oh-so-familiar.

"Hello?" Amber said as soon as she picked up.

"Hey , um can you come over?"

I asked, my hands literally shaking.

I knew my bestfriend would be confuse so before he could reply, I explained.

"I need to ask you something and it's better to do it in person."

"Be right over." She said, hung up, and I moved away from my phone.

In what seemed like seconds but was actually minutes, Ambs showed up at my door, concerned.

"Are you okay?" Was the first thing she said to me when she walked in, grasping my shoulders so I had to look her in the eye.

"I'm fine.. It's just," I said and then pulled out my phone, clicking on me and Niall's conversation. "Read this."

Amber mouthed the words to herself as she came upon each message, and when she came to the end, she handed my iPhone back to me.

"Rose..." She whispered. "Why'd you tell me to come over?"

I sighed.

"What do I do? I like him, he likes me, but I don't want to screw this whole thing up if I tell him. What if it's a joke? What if-" I was cut off.

"Stop. Stop right there Missy."

My bestfriend ordered.

"The Rose I know, never gives up. So tell him. Don't give up." And with that, she got up from her seat on the couch in my house and left.

That was just the help I needed.